Modding cars is the worst mistake ive ever made!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Then all of a sudden one day something snapped and i realized that i just had no passion for my car anymore i didnt find interest or pride in my car anymore maybe i need a new one to spark the interest again?

First, after owning several cars, and serveral modded cars, i'll say this. You get bored with any car after awhile. But secondly, it's alot more satifying to mod a car with an aftermarket first of all, and a car that is fast. To me, in terms of performance, an accord is basically making the best out of a bad situation. You gotta drop alot of cash to make these things go. When you have to drop 4 grand or more to have a high 14 sec car, it's not all that gratifying. And having a slow car that looks nice is cool but you get bored slapping on new things and cosmetics can only go so far (well tastefully). That's been my experience. Buy the platform you want and see if it fits you stock, i'd bet you'll get bored and start to do atleast something.

FLiP wiT da FLo

Reaction score
this is my opinion.

i think you just got bored of hookin up your accord.
but if you get, lets say a G35 or any other tuner car out there, you'll mod it like the way you did to your accord. That's what i think.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It all depends how far you want to take your current car, some people just want to do audio, wheels and a drop while others will go all out no matter what but everyone has their reasons. In my case I see me keeping the accord for a damn while but it won't stop me from buying a newer car soon but I just think it's better then seeing the 100th 350z in your area or evo etc even though they are the **** lol it won't stop me from being happy with what I've done and won't stop me from moving forward when the time comes.

Last edited:

Itchthus

Reaction score
^^ I agree dreman. I mean.. I see so many of the same car over and over. I have not seen a single clean 6th gen Accord coupe in the past year on the freeway or on local, but always the same s2k, Evo, Sti, etc.

^And yes, I was being serious when I typed that.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
im just to stupid to stop modding. im even trying to import now. I CANT STOP!!!!! :eusa_wall:

btw duece, what spray did you use for my tails, im chipping now :(

PROJECT H

Reaction score
"Me and my cousin touched wieners" -Cartman. Awesome episode

LOL omg i remember that episode! hahaha :rofl: :lolrun:

i feel the same abt my car some days... i feel like i never wanted anything to do with it.. modding wise.. because thats when i started finding out all these problems and stuff.... but i still love to do mods and fix stuff though..:thinking:

but at one time or another you did enjoy modding your car didnt you???

maybe you should get another car..

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I almost traded my car for EVO9 MR the first week it came out lol, I was down to financing they even were giving me a great trade value and that was for a semi parted out car :) but I ended up keeping the accord. Some times I wish I did get the evo and I understand there are ups and downs but I'm glad I did not because I did not want to pay a crap load for a evo with a car note and high insurance rates. Also I would of never kept the car stock more then a week so I'm glad I kept the accord hahaha.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Beats paying money for Magic the Gathering cards ;)
Thats was me in middle school, can't deny it :(

Whenever something comes up to have me sell my car, my friends are always there to tell me how much they dont want to see it go :)

I think its one of those things you get out of your system as you grow as a person. One day you might be spending the majority of your money on a family of your own. Maybe one day if god allows, i'll have a family of my own I can be proud of and call my own. Maybe its the ethical egoist inside me that wants to, who knows, maybe altrusim does exist or is it simply a means of the previously stated theory?

Last edited:
Back