Modding cars is the worst mistake ive ever made!

o2 jockey

Reaction score
modding has had a lot of ups and downs for me. the argumnts with the parents about me spending too much, then with the g/f spending so much and its a the shop half the time, or getting it back and it not running right and my favorite you couldve just bout an m3 (or some higher end car) and called it a day. then there are times i just wanna get rid of the car but i know im just going to start modding another one. ive always been where, its a nice car but i dont have that much fun driving it. id like to track a lot more so i wouldnt be surprised if i got rid of my car and started on another project that fulfills my driving needs. but at the end of the day its my passion, just cant get enough of cars.

accordman1

Reaction score
I think if you are into cars and show the car off it's worth it. I have thought at times that it was a waste but I get comments most of the time on my car and it feels good. As long as you plan to keep the car for a while and show it off then you are good. Other people might think it is a waste and tell me it is but it is worth it at the end. Everybody has a hobby. I know someone that has thousands of dollars into guns and that is what he enjoys. Cars is an expensive hobby but if you enjoy it and work on them its def worth it.

hendizzlez

Reaction score
Cars is an expensive hobby but if you enjoy it and work on them its def worth it.

i agree.. working on my car is one of my hobbies and it makes me feel relaxed. u can find me working on my car, day and night.. for 3 days in a row, i've been on my aunt's driveway working on my car. car wash, stereo, and stereo again (at like 6pm.. no light at all and i had to use my lil flashlight; im installing my amp + bazooka) :thumbsup:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
it's a hobby that I try and make practical use of.

i consider all the money i've spent on my audio system, suspension, and brakes an investment, because I plan on having this car for a very long time. Not an investment in that I'll get the money back, but in my own enjoyment. If I'm spending a lot of time in my car, and some money means that I can enjoy actually being in my car for 10+ hours at a time for 5+ years then I don't think that is a poor use of money at all. Honestly I don't think that's any different than spending a bit extra for a really comfortable couch or buying a new TV that you know you'll get a lot of use out of, even if you don't really need it.

The purely aesthetic things aren't practical at all, which is why I don't spend much money on those things when I do buy them.

It's definitely a hobby for me. But everytime I'm thinking of spending money on my car I also try and weigh how much use I'll get out of that money before making a decision. And except for the once every year or two purchases that are just purely unnecessary and for fun (like wheels) that's pretty much what I do.

Back