Before
0510080002.jpg

After
0513080012.jpg

0513080008-1.jpg

rear cambers
0513080011.jpg

Problems:
1) to get it that low(like my old setup, the front is coil'd all the way down, and the rear is about a 1/2" from the bottom
1a) being coiled all the way down, when the car is raised there is A LOT of slack between the spring and coilover. so being in the ****ty area i am in, whenever i go over a bump or swoop up an incline, I hear a bunch of clunks, because the spring and shock are spacing and then banging back together.

i confirmed with tom(comptechV6) who is also running a tein system, and he had to raise his car.

so its going to have to sit higher, too where there is no slack on the spring when the shock is fully expanded. or deal with the clunking and having the coilover go dead in 1/2 the time. BOOO ill deal with it higher, suspension still feels amazing tho.

2) i come to the realization that my rt axle is about done, i took the wheel off and saw all this grease and on the back of the caliper and then noticed the boot was busted :(
0513080010.jpg

0513080009.jpg

more photos to come when i adjust again and see where its going to have to ride at.

PS: this coilover kit, you dont even have to take the wheel off to adjust, just jack up and you can get your arms through with the wrenches to the coil. +1 IMO took me 30 min to adjust all 4 wheels

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
That is a major down side with Tein, ride height is NOT adjusted separately from the spring rate. Which is why everyone is turning to a threaded body coil over. Spring rate stays the same while the ride height changes. Not saying that Tein is a bad product but that is what turned me away from them.

Also looks like you still have that "boat" look going on. I'd think about staggering the drop to give it a slight rake to cure it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Iono...tein is somewhat of an outdated design now a days. Unless you go for their track type coilove setups.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Iono...tein is somewhat of an outdated design now a days. Unless you go for their track type coilove setups.

like the SSP with pillowball which is like their most expensive kit, which i have

Also looks like you still have that "boat" look going on. I'd think about staggering the drop to give it a slight rake to cure it.

i have to deal with the "boat" look wikipedia Yonkers, NY.. one of the 1st lines is "geography simliar to San Francisco." and with hills like that, and alot of public buses, the pavement sucks and is all bumpy and potholes etc.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
like the SSP with pillowball which is like their most expensive kit, which i have
Any reason why you went with Tein besides their name? Not saying you did but honestly most people do buy Tein just because of their name. What other setups did you consider?

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Any reason why you went with Tein besides their name? Not saying you did but honestly most people do buy Tein just because of their name. What other setups did you consider?

the guy who does all my work for me (trans, building motor, etc) is a dealer for them. IMO I've heard nothing but glory about tein. and in my opinion they are the best suspension manufacturer out right now.

Im not upset about the kit, or anything, its just the geography of where i live isnt going to cause the kit to wear 10x's faster if i leave it down.

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good.

Oh and I think JIC's > Tein. xD

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I dunno man I just think you over paid really. You could had better suspension for cheap IMO. I agree with Gregg Tein is outdated.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Dude i feel you on the suspension, mine is straight because the roads arent bad here... But if i raise the car on a lift, i have to make sure the suspension lines up right, since it is lowered all the way...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Umm...how about their FLEX coilovers? Even ground controls with some neuspeed koni's would've been an awesome setup for about the same price. I'm not knocking your decision but it just doesnt seem like you really looked into other brands.

Back