blacking out emblems

slaiguy

Reaction score
i think a few ppl have sprayed it w/ the pactra tint spray. i did it, and it has a nice gloss to it (not too much, but enough to notice).

AFAccord

Reaction score
I have some VHT Nite shades left over from my tail lights. I haven't tried spraying the stock emblems, but I imagine you'd run into problems getting the paint to stick to the clean smooth surface of the plastic.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I have some VHT Nite shades left over from my tail lights. I haven't tried spraying the stock emblems, but I imagine you'd run into problems getting the paint to stick to the clean smooth surface of the plastic.

thats why you sand with about 400 grit and then prime and then paint. :bash:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I painted over the smooth chrome. so far adhesion is great. i have no probs with mine.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Bringing it back...

I know to take off the front emblem-mount, there are two screws. I have taken them off and am holding the mount with emblem in my hand. How do I separate the chrome 'H' emblem from its mount? It is being held on in the rear by 2 washer/rivet looking things. Has anyone taken those things off? I need to do this as I want to paint the background behind the emblem, and emblem itself different colors.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Once you take the screws off to remove the front emblem, it should just come apart. If not, try using some dental floss or thin string to pry the backing off. Shouldn't need all that though.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't think you understand what I mean. Dental floss won't get through two rivet/pins which I am talking about. Who knows what I am talking about? The emblem is not just stickied on there.. It's held on by those two posts on the plastic piece.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
These are the pins I am talking about:

img7066mo7.jpg

Back