1998 Accord Sound System HELP

finch13

Reaction score
Professionals =/= Best Buy or any chain electronics store, unless you want a **** wiring job. Make sure you REQUEST to have power and signal cables run on opposite sides of the car and let them know you'll be checking.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
im with egg 1 12 inch such is good instead of 10 inchs. as for your fronts and rear those you can install yourself backs are super easy. as the fronts. if you have component it might be a little bit harder. and if you dont want to risk it. you can find places that installs for 20-40. depending what store or where you get it at. i say just buy everything you need on ebay. (or since you live in la century street near staple center ish. just make sure you bargain) do your research. what ever you cant personally install you let a professional install it.

not so fast there..

these little babies will put some 12's and 15's to shame
DigitalDesignsDD1508.jpg

digital designs 1508

callmeryang

Reaction score
Professionals =/= Best Buy or any chain electronics store, unless you want a **** wiring job. Make sure you REQUEST to have power and signal cables run on opposite sides of the car and let them know you'll be checking.
ill be sure..so just tell them exactly that?
not so fast there..

these little babies will put some 12's and 15's to shame
DigitalDesignsDD1508.jpg

digital designs 1508

haha nice.

i have one question..someone told me everything needs to like flow together or something.
like the amp has to be exactly for the speakers and blah blah, can someone explain this to me? or can i just get whatever speakers and amp and sub

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
speaker matching is bull****...a speaker doesn't know what brand it is.

who is the "someone" who told you that was required? if it was the shop where you wanted your install to happen, go elsewhere...

callmeryang

Reaction score
speaker matching is bull****...a speaker doesn't know what brand it is.

who is the "someone" who told you that was required? if it was the shop where you wanted your install to happen, go elsewhere...

someone from 8thcivic..he said that i should install everything all at once because i need the amp to match up some watts..or smoeething
cause my initial idea was just get speakers and later on get an amp on the road down..but he said get it all at once to match up?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you have to be in the ballpark for power ratings, yeah. and i personally would install the amp and speakers together since it will be easier, you wont have to deal with the stock molex plugs, and you wont risk damaging the speakers by underpowering them with the stock headunit making like 18w per channel.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
It's good to have headroom...if the sub is rated @ 700-800, i'd get something that put out 1000-1200.

lilcharlie

Reaction score
let me install it ima installer for best buy and im MECP certified plus if you have any questions let me know. in my opinion i would but a radio 4 speakers and a 400 watt and sub , you said that you dont want to be loud soa 12 inch and a 400 watt amp should do. i dont recomend a 4 channel because you are not goint to be pushin 1200 to 1500 watts of bass , i only recomend the 4 channel when you have sooo much bass that you cant hear the words of the music. if you have the money i recomend componemt spreakers all around, it will sound more clear and crisp. then regular coaxiles speakers. if you have any questions just email me at [email protected]

eggyhustles

Reaction score
let me install it ima installer for best buy and im MECP certified plus if you have any questions let me know. in my opinion i would but a radio 4 speakers and a 400 watt and sub , you said that you dont want to be loud soa 12 inch and a 400 watt amp should do. i dont recomend a 4 channel because you are not goint to be pushin 1200 to 1500 watts of bass , i only recomend the 4 channel when you have sooo much bass that you cant hear the words of the music. if you have the money i recomend componemt spreakers all around, it will sound more clear and crisp. then regular coaxiles speakers. if you have any questions just email me at [email protected]

yeah, that's the exact reason people get 4 channel amps :wtf1:

you best buy guys are the worse :boo:

Back