Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

98acclude

Reaction score
Where's this from? Enlighten me.. Sorry to hear Bout that!! You can get sum left handed drill bits so it'll drill in then pull em out

swollen_cu

Reaction score
98acclude said:
Where's this from? Enlighten me.. Sorry to hear Bout that!! You can get sum left handed drill bits so it'll drill in then pull em out

AMR's so called "quality" top dollar coilover is the culprit.

001Stunna

Reaction score
:wtf1::wtf1::wtf1:
I actually exchanged some texts back and forth with andy today as i lost one of those screws and wanted to get another one and was suggested to pick them up of any hardware store. I also asked to get 4 nut/perches like those that lock the lower mount but was told "NO".

However i even questioned on the group buy thread the strength of those screws but every1 jumped saying they're as strong as ever and not to worry. They're screws for damn sakes.

My suggestion was to have another nut/perch like that that locks the lower mount to lock against the spring nut/perch to offer support on top of what that screw does. After seeing this, i'm not installing these coils until this matter is resolved and no tiny screws involved in tightening spring perches.

My suggestion is DO NOT drill anything on to them to get them out, take pictures of the damage and contact Andy/AMR asap. If you drill and maybe add damage to something you may be on hold for etc

...slowly starting to doubt this purchase with the coils not even touching the car yet...

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
It's from his brand new AMR coilovers, which have been talked up to be the cat's meow AND the bee's knees all over this site.

turbo_911

Reaction score
aha, i was going to ask where the other half of the screws were...

is there a way to get an EZ-Out in?

ahh beat by a couple seconds :lawl:

You think it will get in that small hole? lol I am talking about EZ-Out

send that **** back to its manufacturer

Lol, we'll see if something else breaks...

The funny part is that the coils are BRAND ****ING NEW. Either they installed the screws sideways or... well, that's about the only excuse I can think of.

The crews are aluminum, they are weak, no wonder why they broke. If they were steel or titanium then it would be nice. I think that part should be titanium since it hold the spring preload nut.

lol, man that sucks. I have a feeling this thread will get interesting. I wonder what the defenses / excuses will be this time.

Lol, we'll see :)

My Point is proven about this coilover.

Lol

:wtf1::wtf1::wtf1:
I actually exchanged some texts back and forth with andy today as i lost one of those screws and wanted to get another one.
However i even questioned on the group buy thread the strength of those screws but every1 jumped saying they're as strong as ever and not to worry.

My suggestion was to have another nut/perch like that that locks the lower mount to lock against the spring nut/perch to offer support on top of what that screw does. After seeing this, i'm not installing these coils until this matter is resolved and no tiny screws involved in tightening spring perches.

My suggestion is DO NOT drill anything on to them to get them out, take pictures of the damage and contact Andy/AMR asap. If you drill and maybe add damage to something you may be on hold for etc

I am not gonna drill anything, of course I will contact Andy and see what to do. Its just I think I will have to send the springs in or just lower nut/perch to replace, because I can't afford sending coils in and waiting. I am using my car for work every day.

Also I agree with second perch being installed as it would be easier and simpler, like Teins, FF have. Very convenient.

Edit: Also I remember someone saying that it will be fine if there is no screw to tighten that locking perch but thing is it will move when the car drives, from movement and vibration and small bumps. Trust me.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
You think it will get in that small hole? lol I am talking about EZ-Out
thats what she said :lawl:

i depends on what style you get...the crappier ones get thicker near the base but tend to work a little better, if you can fit them in the hole. you'd need the one-size-only bit that just fits inside. they are usually longer and straight...

meximan16

Reaction score
the ez-out's come in all different sizes, there's a kit they sell for not too much, and they work really good :D

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
When I talked to Andy about these he mentioned to me that they sell them at Lowes or Home Depot. So they broke when tightening them? I don't think they need to be extremely tight, just tight enough to make the lock nut hug the shock.

Also before anyone starts raging on the quality of the coilovers, every company uses some generic parts in their suspension to keep costs as low as possible for both consumer and producer purposes. I'd rather have a 10 cent screw break than a 400 dollar shock.

turbo_911

Reaction score
thats what she said :lawl:

i depends on what style you get...the crappier ones get thicker near the base but tend to work a little better, if you can fit them in the hole. you'd need the one-size-only bit that just fits inside. they are usually longer and straight...

Lol, how do you know what she said? :hide: jk

the ez-out's come in all different sizes, there's a kit they sell for not too much, and they work really good :D

will check the kit out after I'll talk to Andy. Thanks for suggestion :)

When I talked to Andy about these he mentioned to me that they sell them at Lowes or Home Depot. So they broke when tightening them? I don't think they need to be extremely tight, just tight enough to make the lock nut hug the shock.

Also before anyone starts raging on the quality of the coilovers, every company uses some generic parts in their suspension to keep costs as low as possible for both consumer and producer purposes. I'd rather have a 10 cent screw break than a 400 dollar shock.

No, I was taking the screw out. I did around 5 turns (it was coming out easy) and it just snapped...

I wonder if Andy has any in stock if yes, he can send me two in an envelop... so he will pay only for post stamp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back