Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzcharlie

Reaction score
Wow ... At least u have lifetime warranty but I would choose a different brand if I were u just cause u had a lot of problems with this one

turbo_911

Reaction score
Took a trip to HomeDepot in here...low and behold they do not stock in the size our coils use.
Comparison pic..taken seconds ago

The other 2 screws....one is too small, one is too big and wont tighten it at all. Goodyyy

Also you can see that thread is different so I don't think it will go in, unless Andy did buy those form home depot or lowes since he suggested to buy them there if they break...

Edit: I see you are bored at home? lol
Took soo many pics, but it is helpful :)

finch13

Reaction score
I'd try Ace hardware or another small hardware store, they seem to carry more of the random nuts and bolts than the larger stores.

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
wow, that's sh!tty. My worry with the locking perch was stripping the soft aluminum, i didn't think the screw would break. lol. I screwed mine in fairly tight too, i've had my perch come loose from normal driving (after i initially tightened them out of the box). In hindsight, in should have put some loctite in.

lol, i'm scared to even touch my coils now.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Also you can see that thread is different so I don't think it will go in, unless Andy did buy those form home depot or lowes since he suggested to buy them there if they break...

Edit: I see you are bored at home? lol
Took soo many pics, but it is helpful :)

-Bored? not really lol. Home depot is a 5 minute drive and their open till late.
-A bit tipsy and i should be sleeping as i have work in 5 hours..Yes lol.
-A bit cheesed off at the issues with the coils. Fudge yea.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
wow, that sucks man. i swear, they coulda made a vh1 reality show out of all the drama surrounding these coils :p

hope everything works out for u guys and doesnt get worse

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Andy said the size of the bolt was M6 and 1.25 or something like that.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Also before anyone starts raging on the quality of the coilovers, every company uses some generic parts in their suspension to keep costs as low as possible for both consumer and producer purposes. I'd rather have a 10 cent screw break than a 400 dollar shock.

when you're paying as much as you guys have i think its reasonable to expect something of higher quality than that

finch13

Reaction score
If that's true, you guys are looking for an M6x1.25x15 metric cap head screw. They should make them in steel, I'd use some blue or red loctite on them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back