Yellow high beams question

Narftastic

Reaction score
I have yellow bulbs in highbeams and love them... They make a big difference and IMO they are brighter than the white high beams... They make a big difference at night and even with HID 6000k you can deff tell they are on.. and help cut through fog too.

U got anypiks with them on?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Couldn't find stained glass paint where I live.. Thanks for the NO on the painting the bulbs.. 4NDR3W_6THG3N you think you have close up pics of how it turned out with the paint you used? Lights on and off preferably.. =)

order a can off the internet.

dont use normal yellow paint, your high beams will be completely useless if you do. people use the stained glass paint because the reflectiveness of the mirrored headlight bucket still works with the transparent paint. using normal paint will kill all reflectiveness of the high beam bucket.​

metrick1235

Reaction score
671bd219-f0a2-4aa6-80f4-741f0621bb00wallpaper.jpg

Hope this is ok... First off no one comment on the gold strips.. i know they arent evenly painted.. My wetsanding wheel broke halfway through the work and havent bought another one yet..... anywho.. Idk why they are look more blue than they really are...They are actually whiter than that... But as you can see the Yellow over powers the HID in the last pics.. and they work really well... Just got some Nokya yellow bulbs and plug in and play.. Im sure if you did the Spray on

Ryan

Reaction score
So, I want to do this too. Should i put in yellow bulbs, or paint the lens... or both? :ugh2:

NEW to 6GA.. Thanks

Ryan

Reaction score
Heres a pic of how they look when the YELLOW BULBS reflect

the HIGH BEAM part is NOT painted..so just get Yellow colored bulbs and your set !!!!!!

IMG_8033_1814x1210.jpg

AND ANOTHER PIC WHEN NO LIGHT IS REFLECTED !!!

307898_2365885628669_1296264003_32861093_3128979_n-2.jpg
:doh:
what bulbs did you get? I wanna do mine this weekend.

hirichard

Reaction score
don't paint the lens yellow. paint the bucket with ONLY stained glass paint or something related.

and i think if you don't wanna go through the trouble just get yellow bulbs

Ryan

Reaction score
ok, nvm my previous questions. I went to Michaels Craft store and A.C. Moore and neither of them had the Krylon paint.... ugh Where did you get yours?

Back