Yellow high beams question

Weecho

Reaction score
Accord786's yellow bulbs look good but not enough yellow IMO.. I want big time yellow like 8086's..

Has anybody hit the bulb with that glass paint instead of buying yellow bulbs? Probably be doing this tomorrow.. I'll come back with the results..

001Stunna

Reaction score
You don't want to paint a bulb...

A bulb gets pretty damn hot, painting it will probably either cause it to blow rather quickly or melt the paint and have it drip in your headlight housing afterwards. As Chris said, DONT paint the bulb.

Weecho

Reaction score
Couldn't find stained glass paint where I live.. Thanks for the NO on the painting the bulbs.. 4NDR3W_6THG3N you think you have close up pics of how it turned out with the paint you used? Lights on and off preferably.. =)

Mikey

Reaction score
Someone please tell me why people paint their high beams (if separate bulbs than lows) and fog lights yellow? I never quite understood the point. Is it solely form or is there function to it?
As RedRyder said, there is a function. You're better off with yellow fogs than yellow high beams. I have Nokya yellow bulbs in my highs and while they are noticably more yellow, I feel like they arent as bright as regualr white bulbs. Yellow light cuts through fog much better, again, thus why its better saved for your fogs.

Just went to michaels today and bastards didnt have it in yellow:buttkick:
Thats been discussed already. IF you can even find it in stroes, Hobby Lobby is probably your best bet. Otherwise, buy it online with the links provided.

metrick1235

Reaction score
I have yellow bulbs in highbeams and love them... They make a big difference and IMO they are brighter than the white high beams... They make a big difference at night and even with HID 6000k you can deff tell they are on.. and help cut through fog too.

Back