The sound that you car makes when your headlights on

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
My sound doesn't work anymore for the headlights when your doors are open. Is there a fuse for that and my driver side door light doesn't work also. So I am assuming that there is a correlation between the two in which it might be the door sensor? Anybody got advice on it?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
It went on vacation, it may come back, it may not. Just remember to turn your lights off when you get out of the car

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
never met a 6ga that the lights turn off buy itself

It turns off by itself a few seconds after you close the door/lock the car leaving it on.

For OP, There should be a fuse. Check all your fuses to make sure all of them are still good.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
yeah i usually leave my lights on, and about 10 seconds after i close the door and walk away they turn off automatically.

did you take out the screw that holds the sensor to the car? that probably sounds stupid, but when you open the driver side door theres a little black thing that you pull back and theres a screw, its for the courtesy lights and dome light and headlight sound when the door is open

kn0x47

Reaction score
man i wish i could make mine stop dinging. Also, the headlight auto off feature might be an EX only thing

Back