DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

001Stunna

Reaction score
i did the Mini H1 retrofit and i need to redo them. the shroud is sticking to far forward so that its hitting the piece that you paint black when you are black housing the lights. i tried to trim away at it a little but it didnt work and the shrouds are sitting on top of that piece now. not good. i got the mini gatling gun shrouds and i cut off maybe 3/8ths of an inch of the posts you screw into to hold it on but didnt wasnt able to get it much further back. i was afraid i was going to crack something. i did sand down the bottom of the shroud too but im thinking it needs more. has anyone else had this issue and fixed it or any tips for me before i go through the whole process again?

you can see how far it hangs over the chrome piece and the .5-1 inch gap from the back of the shroud to the reflecting bowl
2ishz6g.jpg

the dirver side has the same problems
t4ybdl.jpg

what do i do?

cut the bezel in an oval shape a bit.

Ratchet

Reaction score
i had the same problem with mine.. this is what i did.
trimmed down tHe reflector bucket.
also, i trimmed the front side of the mini gatling that the projector slides thru it. then cut more on the post at the back of the shroud.
photo.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Last edited:

blackcord

Reaction score
I trimmed the blackhoused part in a semi-circle to work around that problem. See here:

First I cut it as careful as I can using my dremel and then I used a small can and wrapped sand paper around it so that the cut turns out smooth and even.

F350spyder

Reaction score
cross breeding...i like :thumbsup:.

Def look good w/ the set of CF4 fog lights i have that i wasn't able to install before my car bit the dust.

hellfire127

Reaction score
I just noticed both grommets on one of my headlights are missing. These are spare headlights I bought this summer and they're different color headlights. Anyway, is it possible to buy the rubber grommets for the low and high beam sides?

Raul

Reaction score
would going shroudless be a big deal? I kinda like the shaved look:naughty:

Also how is the alignment after you mount the projectors? A lot of tweaking or just minor?

Reaction score
would going shroudless be a big deal? I kinda like the shaved look:naughty:

Also how is the alignment after you mount the projectors? A lot of tweaking or just minor?

I don't have shrouds on mine and in my opinion it still looks pretty good and i don't plan on putting any shrouds on there either, only problem that you have is glare from the back of the reflector but its nothing too bad, and the adjustment is fairly simple using your stock headlight adjustments but just make sure you aim and center the actual projector before sealing it will save you alot of trouble. Trust me.

Back