Mikey
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ya CM7 mirrors do fit with slight modding to the base. Trust me, im no wirer myself, but you're lucky its 2 wires, that way if you decided to go the defogger route theres only two to worry about and Im sure they're not both black. If Im able to head to the scrap yard friday, I'll let you know what I find out. There are a couple of coupes torn apart so I'll see what I can see
    Actually thats your best bet and from what I've heard its not that bad a job. Think of it this way, if you ever decide to go power folding, you might have to do that anyways (like myself). The mirrors I have are C4 I believe and there is no heating module which I would eventually want back so I'm going to upgrade to JDM CM7 mirrors which have both head and folding ability, however the switch I have only folds so for me to get heat I'm going to have to tap into the defogger. I don't think its that bad a job to be honest as I heard there are a couple who've done it. I don't even know how I would test what is what since mine is disconnected.
    You guessed it...those other two wires go to the harness in the door and then I'd imagine to a relay of some sort. But if you are installing heat, why don't you just do what I did for my power mirrors. I left the door harness in tact and ran wires to the other side up underneath behind the steering wheel and dash and to the other mirrors. Then you would need to get a relay/switch. I don't think getting the whole harness would be of much use to you, but I'll take a look. Do you have a coupe? If so there is a black coupe at the scrap yard I been working on. Its actually in sick condition. I could take a look at the harness and see where it goes. I've gone back to it 4 times in the past two weeks getting every little thing I can before someone comes and rapes it worse than I the repeat offender has LOL
    Ok, you're getting help from Derek. Let me know what you're trying to install. If tomorrow isnt as effin cold as it was today I'll take my door panel off and take pics. Let me know.
    Haha you are a lucky son of a gun...I just happen to have my oem mirrors right in front of me open so I can see the wires. The two black are the heat wires. They plug into the back of the glass part of the mirror on one end and the other end into the pig tail. The Green, Yellow and Red wires control the movement of the mirror and are attached to the mirror motor.

I installed power folding mirrors last year and had to sacrifice my heating element in order to wire up the the folding mechanism with the switch. What exactly are you doing? Installing heated mirrors into a car that didnt have them?
    Hey Mike,

I don't have pics of that, since I have never taken my mirrors apart, but Chris(Boy Wonder) might, since he has swapped out his mirrors. Levin(001Stunna) is also pretty good with getting diagrams of things and might also be able to confrim where the black wires go. I will see what I can find as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back