HVACs interchangeable?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks well done & fresh. :thumbsup: Just curious, but are you having any squeaks between the bezel and c.c. unit / inside the unit after all? (i.e. when pushing buttons / driving over a bump.) If you do, I can tell you how to make them disappear. (kindda time-consuming work, but..)

Thanks, I really like the combo of woodgrain and the silver. Hmm this morning was the first time driving with it, but I’ll see if I hear anything. If I do, you will hear from me. :)

So Chris, did you just paint it silver or what?

Paint what silver? I swapped the bezel, climate control unit, and clock. Kept the 98-00 hazard.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Thanks, I really like the combo of woodgrain and the silver. Hmm this morning was the first time driving with it, but I’ll see if I hear anything. If I do, you will hear from me. :)

Paint what silver? I swapped the bezel, climate control unit, and clock. Kept the 98-00 hazard.

Oh, ok. I thought you painted the bezel at first

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That would have been easier, but I wanted to keep the woodgrain in case I wanted to go back to it, so I did the whole swap.

Not too pricey...paid $8 for the clock, $16 for the bezel, and $40 for the cc unit.

Mikey

Reaction score
Whats with the red defrost? Pics of that?

So...you have 0102 hvac controls and clock with a 98-00 hazard? Shifter surround and hvac are silver, while the cupholders and window switches are wood?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I can't tell. Did you get the graphite or black bezel?

Looks really good though Chris! I really like either setup, wood grain is nice and the black/granite (whichever it is) looks nice as well.

I'm sorry but I love that tan leather!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Whats with the red defrost? Pics of that?

I had some tail light tape left over from my gauges project, so I cut a small rectangle and covered the hole behind the rear defrost button with it. When you take the CC unit apart to the point of taking out the filters, look for the square hole behind the rear defrost button, and slap a piece of transparent red tape behind it.

It’s still orange during the day, but it illuminates red. I’ll try and get a photo.

So...you have 0102 hvac controls and clock with a 98-00 hazard? Shifter surround and hvac are silver, while the cupholders and window switches are wood?

Yes sir.

I can't tell. Did you get the graphite or black bezel?

Looks really good though Chris! I really like either setup, wood grain is nice and the black/granite (whichever it is) looks nice as well.

I'm sorry but I love that tan leather!

I got the silver/graphite bezel. Thanks man.

Still want to swap leather…but in that is probably never going to happen lol.

Back