My Hood Damper Install Results

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
So last week I went to the salvage yard and got basically brand new V6 hood dampers for $20 total! they were missing the ball studs on one side, but I ordered those from the dealer for like $7 each. Next I went and bought a corner bracket and got 4 self-tapping screws. I had to enlarge the hole on the brackets to accommodate the ball stud. As for the hood connection, for some reason my I4 hood already had pre-made screw-holes for the ball studs and I easily installed them!

img6890su6.jpg

img6892eh2.jpg

img6894vx9.jpg

img6896zr4.jpg

In the future, I plan to cut off the rear tab of the corner bracket for a cleaner flush look, and paint the screws and brackets DEP :D

It went extremely smooth, and for 35$ it was a steal. I encourage all of you to scope out your nearby salvage yards for deals like this! :beer2:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The brackets were obtained at home depot, but you need self-tapping screws, which must be bought separately from the bracket.

For those commenting on my suspension, coughjustincough, sorry my sig is outdated, and if you keep tabs on me please check my member's ride page. If you still think I still sit high on springs, then fk it haha. W/E. I'll get good coils when I have bank and a good deal, no rush for me.

Andy why do you like to put your hood all the way up? Like how much up are we talking about? Because the height of the hood with the dampers is identical to height of it using the flimsy flip-out rod.. I made sure.

Last edited:

bigcoz

Reaction score
only $35? i'd like to do something like this, but i already went ahead and bought the replacement hood stand and clip from majestic....but great job man nonetheless

Back