★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 10/10/10*

Block is all taken apart - both faceplates off, crank and pistons out, and both balance shafts removed. Time to order all needed bearings, gaskets, seals, and bolts to rebuild it. I need to figure out exactly which bolts will need to be upgraded, and exactly which seals need replacement.

I had no idea that there were 2 balance shafts! Does the balance shaft removal kit delete both of them?

Now I need to wait for spring financial aid to actually begin the sleeving/boring process at the shop. Another stressor is added to my life, my scumbag filthy pig roommates have decided that I 'didn't fit their lifestyle', because I like to keep a clean place, I like consistent communication, and I like fair treatment. **** them. Therefore, I need to find a new place to live... :madrun: God I wish I could stuff a fat fist of sh*t right into their mouth and make them taste every piece and aspirate it resulting in choking to death.
this made me lawl

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

That definitely brought the :lawl:s. But living by yourself is the best way man. It costs a little more, but you never have to deal with anyone else's ****.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Man. f*ck these nga's. I-im'a spare everythin but these nga's. I flip the gun and gun butt these nga's, take tha knife off tha AK and gut these nga's!! Man f*ck these b*tches, swear I care bout everythin but these b*tches. I-i don't care? So what! These b*tches, and I put Young Mula baby way above these b*tches..

Tryin to find my camera..

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Any input on the Kaizenspeed kits? I'm particularly wondering in the pros / cons of having them installed for high whp applications, and decrease or retention of reliability. I don't want the installation of this kit to make my engine more vulnerable at higher WHP.

Ya ya I'll take pics today. Been busy.

Another unrelated concern - what settings should coils be on for storing a car in one place? My Tein SS are still on the stiffest setting since I stopped driving the car, is there a need to reduce stiffness or do anything else to prevent damage from standing for a while?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

umm, i think the balance removal kits are fine for high whp cars, i remember reading a thread about it on cb7 once before

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Thanks Matt! I'll be getting the kit.

Any other input appreciated, and also anything you guys got on the coilover question.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

I don't really see any reason to do the balance shaft delete in our cars. I know they do it in dsm's because their balance shafts have a nasty habit of failing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of someones balance shafts **** up in our cars. I thought about doing it to mine but the only benefits I was told was that it decreases rotational weight and frees up a little bit of oil pressure, but I'm not building a race car so those are two things I'm not horribly worried about.

Does anyone with a little more knowledge about our motors have a reason why the balance shaft eliminator kit should be done?

Latest posts

Back