00 sedan major power loss going up mountain FLASHING CEL

b18lsturbo

Reaction score
nope had that happen to me before check the timing side for something brokin and sounds like u lost oil pressure when it broke and low pressure mean lost in power by alot i know from exp. on the freeway home from work

wu_tang

Reaction score
Clogged CAT perhapse ?
Wouldnt this have affected my emissions test?

nope had that happen to me before check the timing side for something brokin and sounds like u lost oil pressure when it broke and low pressure mean lost in power by alot i know from exp. on the freeway home from work
I looked on the timing side a dew times and nothing looks out of place or broken. Looks like im going to dig deeper
if it's gradually getting worse, then it's this

the low oil level thing was just your motor going into limp mode

It was only bad when i was at such a steep incline. It has been perfectly fine since

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Wouldnt this have affected my emissions test?

Not necessarily. If you think about it, the catalytic converer is clogged .. less fumes are leaving the butt of your car because it's getting held up at the Cat, so less fumes = passed test. In return, you get a loss of power because there's too much back pressure. A couple ways of determining a clogged cat would be to start your car when it's been sitting for a while so that EVERYTHING is cooled down. Start the car, run to the tailpipe, and hold your hand so that it plugs up most of the tailpipe but not the whole thing (or else the car will stall). Now if you don't really feel any backpressure then your Cat is probably clogged. Just make sure the whole car is cooled down before trying this for obvious reasons.

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
are there any sounds as you lose power? a mis-fire will sound like a machine gun, as well as rattle your car a good bit

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Have you got water in your fuel tank?? (change the place where you fill up)
Fuel tank filter clogged??
Air vent into tank clogged - pulling a vaccuum in the tank?? (change fuel cap)

Just a few thoughts - not saying they are any good

Simkid5614

Reaction score
When we checked The cat on saturns, Unhooked the front o2 removed it and drove it, if power was back boom there you go. This one is stumping.

Back