01-02 carbon fiber spoon front lip

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about ordering this carbon fiber SPOON front lip from VIS. It cost $429.99. They don't have em in stock but could be special ordered about 6 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this lip and is it worth it? Thanks for your input. I'm also new here so correct me if I'm wrong thanks.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Waste of money tbh.

CF lip will break so easily if it gets scrapped or if you hit something.

If you do buy one, only put it for meets/events, but what's the point of that. Just because it's Spoon and CF doesn't make it godly with how much you're paying for just that front lip.

just my .02

I've only seen the Type R/Mugen style in CF, never seen the spoon before though.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No lip itself is worth 400+ dollars. But if you love the way it looks then that's all that matters. If you love it, buy it. If you're not sure, don't.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
I think it is spoon style lip and it's not actually made by spoon. It essentially looks like Mugen lip.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
It sorta looks like mugen lip I had a spoon lip on my eg hatch wasn't CF tho but looks nice. It's available on VIS web site but doesn't have a pic. I called to see if it was real deal and he said its available but will take 6 weeks to special order. From my experience "lips" go pretty quick if the car dropped low. Found another CF lip made by seibon but it's $500 smh. Guess it's not worth it by the end of the day if I can buy 10 PU ones for the price of one CF.Sounded pretty interesting tho maybe if it was half price

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Sorry but I can't post links yet and the pic on my phone too big in size to try to upload it. Looks almost like mugen style. If u search eBay for seibon lip for our cars they do have them. SP means spoon I guess like MU mugen

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
cheaper and better to get a polyurethane mugen lip and wrap it with CF....

Back