01 accord rpms slowly drop

Akingkhan

Reaction score
:eusa_doh: The "V" was an arrow pointing down

When was the last time u poped open the dizzy?
I'm thinkin it might b ur cap? Rotor? Coil? Or wires?
Start some where n see if u find the prob

mcanter

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking the dizzy I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow thanks for yalls help man.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
142,000 the last tune up was done at around 135,000. I noticed it feels like it has a small miss on the interstate so when I got home and put it in park I revved it up and held it around 2,000 rpm and it slowly drops on its own with me holding the pedal consistently. And what are you talking about V?

this sounds like a possible tps going out, tps's (throttle position sensors) have a tendancey to wear out in a spot where u hold ur pedal at alot, since its a potentiometer its a variable resistor and the arm that rides on it will eventually wear out one little spot in it where u hold ur pedal at normaly, i would disconnect the sensor and checked the resistance across the sensor (should have 3 wires 1 power 1 ground and 1 signal) check between the signal and power then push on the pedal you will notice the resistance value change, when checking it do it really slow and if the sensor is worn you will find a place where the resistance drops off suddenly then when u move past it the resistance will return to normal

just a quick test to verify its not something simple like a tps, they are known to wear like that

Back