$41 oil change?

sodaks2k

Reaction score

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i understand how every1 is sayin DIY but i used to do all my oil changes my self but since my job is so much more demanding now, i barely have time to do anything my self anymore... sometimes its just easier and less of a headache to take it somewhere to get done... at least IMO

also i need like 2-3 jacks to get my car in the air now days... it takes like 20 mins to get my car in the air... its so low, i just take it to my cousins shop and they have the lift for low profile cars so its so much easier

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I hear you.....I might just take mine in this afternoon to get it done. Simply because I'm lazy and don't feel like doing it. It takes 10 min to change mine though. The filter is right behind the pass side fender liner....

nyknick1015

Reaction score
u see thats the thing that sucks... all honda/acura v6 models have it right behind the passenger side wheel... but teh 4cyl, the shyt is jammed up behind the engine all the way up there... oil changes on my 5th gen was a breeze... changes on my 4th and 6th gen was always a PITA

highway_patrol

Reaction score
what makes Eneos so good?

I only run Eneos or Castrol Syntec. Both are full synthetic but the price difference is around $2.50 per quart. The other difference is that the Eneos is 0W-50 and the Syntec is 5W-50. Reason I run the stupid weight is that anything less than a 50 top weight burns off too fast in my car. I do like Motul though, smells like candy, I'm not joking, crack a bottle/can of their 300V 15W-50.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
im sorry but i dont believe in spending the extra penny for this top of the line motor oil. I was just talking to my friend about it and i feel like like brands like enos, amsoil, royal purple, quaker state, they are over priced and dont do any difference than any of the lesser brands like castrol, or valvoline, etc. they dont provide any other benefits and ive tried a couple and seen no difference

The only thing i recommend with my car is standard oil, filter, and a 1/4 bottle of lucas oil stabalizer... thats it... one bottle usually last me the year which is about 4 oil changes

sodaks2k

Reaction score
ive tried a couple and seen no difference

So you can see when oil is working or when it's broken down and not providing lubrication? Until you actually analyze your oil you can't really make such bold statements.

jwong512

Reaction score
Well, I don't buy the best oil out there. At the same time, I don't buy crap as well. I love my car but I don't think I would spend the money to get Royal Purple Synthetic. Sure, it's great for the car and would prolong the life but I'm sure you'll get sick and tired of your car by then and you'll probably want to replace it or it would've broken down due to some other issue and you don't wanna fix it. Personally, I'm just going to stick with good old regular Mobil Clean 5000 from now on :). Oils are made so well nowadays that even basic motor oil can prolong a car's life drastically already.

Back