6th gen C pillar bar

black95gsr

Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile, and not had any luck. I was curouis if they make rear C pillar bar for our body style and where to get it. I know I saw a pic of someones car on the forum that has one, but can"t think of who it is. Maybe I'm looking up in the wrong direction, so any help would be appreciated?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Someone was selling one at one point, not sure if they still are or if it sold.

I am thinking it was someone with a silver Coupe, maybe MoneyPit, or Doctor_X. Don't quote me on that, though.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
You can get a Megan Racing one for a 96-00 Civic.

This guy had one on his coupe but he sold it.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums...non-digital-rebel-xt-body-misc-car-stuff.html

i can confirm this bar fits because that very bar that BlackDeathV6BG sold is now in my car.

but understand this. that bar does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! it is ONLY a show piece. the rear deck of the car (4 inches below this bar) has a huge crossbeam that run between the rear strut towers. add this aluminum bar does nothing at all. i can reach back there and grab this bar and flex it with my bare hands.

i'd be willing to bet that those $5 expanding in car bars used to hang clothes will have the same performance as any c pillar bar for our cars.

basically what im saying is sure if you find a good deal, get one, its a nice little show piece, do not fall for any gimmic saying one is better than the other, in OUR cars something is just as good as nothing at all. these bars actually do work for hatchbacks that lack the rear support structure we have. BlackDeathv6BG gave me a GREAT deal on the bar otherwise i wouldnt have bought it myself. i basically only paid for the shipping of the bar. i believe i traded him something as well, cant remember what it was though.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yeah, there really is no need for one unless you want one for cosmetic purposes. In that case, just get a cheapo from Ebay and maybe paint it, wrap it, or whatever you want to do to it.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate the honestly. I didnt know they really had no function in our cars. I had one in my integra gsr, along with every other suspension mod, and it made a huge differance, plus I had a camera mounted on mine in my gsr.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah people always ask about a rear strut brace for these coupes, and the coupes don't need them since it's built into the frame.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Thats understandable, glad I asked first before I bought one. lol I's rather spend the money on something that will work like a front strut bar. or a new quick release steering wheel.

Back