A bit of H22 info help

BoyBlue

Reaction score
I have been researching doing an H22 ODB2 swap for quite a while and now I decided to go Obd1. THe reason for this is price. So far I plan on getting the engine, Trany, ECU. I do have a few questions though.

1. If i get the OBD1 Engine, Trany, ECU and harnnes is there anything else I would need for this to operate in my 01 Accord?

2. I know about the motor mount mod is there any other mechanical mod that needs to be made? (i read somthing about the header)

3. If I plan on using the F23 trany with the OBD1 H22 what would I need to do electricly. and what clutch flywheel combo would I use not to fall out of VTEC? (I read some where in a post on here about the combo but I haven't been able to find it again)

Once again thanks for any help.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
assuming your manual.....

1. not that i can think of

2. can't help ya

3. i strongly reccomend using a H22 or atleast an h23 manual tranny. if you are buying the h22 for a more sportier fun, than the f23 tranny will decrease it with the hella long gears. bolting and wiring up the tranny would be the same and an exedy stg 1 clutch will handle stock h22 power

Bucket_cg6

Reaction score
I am doing an h22 obd2 swap, one thing i was recomended to do was change the h22 auto tensioner to the f23 mechanical tensioner, because of a pour deseign. all you need to do is take off the belts and pulleys from both motors and swap the parts on the tensioners. i will try to find the instructions online again along with the part numb. if you dont have the f23 donor motor. AS for the flywheel, the parts are interchangable, but do not go with a light weight flywheel, i am considering getting a stock h22 fw. the purpose of it is to smooth out the shifts and believe it or not they are desined to a particular motor, although you might not feel a diffrence. hope this helped you.

Drift

Reaction score
I wish I could import my whole h22 thread from E-H. I have all these questions answered 10 times over.

finch13

Reaction score
I wish I could import my whole h22 thread from E-H. I have all these questions answered 10 times over.

Copy/paste?

why not using aluminum flywheel on the h22 tranny?

Yeah, no kidding. Smooth out shifts?

Has that guy ever driven a car with a lightweight FW? I don't think so. The shift times and rev matching abilities are leaps and bounds above stock. After you install one it feels like you took a dead cow off the crank... AND I can still shift like buttah.

F22/23 and H22/23 flywheels ARE intechangable and you WILL NOT have any problems swapping them over.

ccordex00

Reaction score
I have my f23 with spec clutch and fidanza aluminum flywheel and no problems..I'm swapping that setup to my h22 with a new t/out bearing...:squintrun:

Bucket_cg6

Reaction score
I only know 2 guys who installed the lightweight flyweels. one on a crx, when he would try shifting on hi revs you could hear the grinds of the synchros, the clutch didnt get a good enough grip on it. Another buddy had one in a older supra and told me he didnt like the fact that it would rev up really fast but after shifting would drop low. thats the closest ive gotten to the real thing. What i do know is that the quality and reaserch the fabricator does into each part costs more $ then others that simply try to mimich it. so go for the part with the name of a good reputation. But out of curiousity, wat fidanza flywheel do they offer for the accord, isnt there 2 diffrent weights? if so which one did you use?

Last edited:
Back