About LED Turn signal bulbs

KnightRyder

Reaction score
forget resistors, look under the drivers side dash, there is a little black box. turn your blinkers on and listen for the clicking, when you find what im talking about remove it and compare the pin layout to the ones on this page and just buy one of these....
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm
i believe our cars use the EP34 style, but double check.

then plug it in and all will be fixed, no mater what led you use, even if you still use halogen, it will blink at the same rate. no wiring, no splicing, no crap. just unplug the old, plug in the new, done.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Accord281 knows.

I highly recommend you go the LED flasher route as it is easier (Tridon EP34), but if you want to do the load resistors, you need one per side, they tap into the existing wire running to the turn signal. Like this:

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/sc132275//page/1/checkForLanding/true

In case you don't know LED's draw lower wattage than filament bulbs, so the load resistors basically trick the computer in thinking the filament bulb is there, when it's actually an LED with a load resistor.

Just read this over:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20462&highlight=ep34

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
So I have some now, they look great if you ask me.
However just recently I ran into a little problem.

I have 60smd switchbacks and the left one is fine however for some reason the right one decided to freak out, nothing happens when the lights are on (no light is emitted from the "bulb") then when you hit the turn signal it flashes white instead of amber. Also if the lights are on I cannot use the turn signal at all and the light stays lit on the cluster. When they are off I can get it to flash white which isn't supposed to happen.

Also I have it set up with a flasher just fyi.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So I have some now, they look great if you ask me.
However just recently I ran into a little problem.

I have 60smd switchbacks and the left one is fine however for some reason the right one decided to freak out, nothing happens when the lights are on (no light is emitted from the "bulb") then when you hit the turn signal it flashes white instead of amber. Also if the lights are on I cannot use the turn signal at all and the light stays lit on the cluster. When they are off I can get it to flash white which isn't supposed to happen.

Also I have it set up with a flasher just fyi.

Unfortunately, aftermarket LED bulbs are a bit fussy. Check to make sure they are plugged in all the way, sometimes the fitment is a little tight or too lose with aftermarket LED's because the plastic isn't molded as well as an OEM bulb is, and they can become unplugged on their own from vibrations from the car. Also try unlplugging the one you are having problems with, turn it 180 degrees, and plug it in (opposite of the way it was before). Some LED's have polarity that allow them only to work one way. If it was working okay for a while and then this happened, this probably won't make a difference. A last resort can be switching the bulbs to the opposite side.

Two of my LED bulbs went bad, luckily one of them was still under the 90 day warranty. If the above doesn't solve your problem, return or exchange it if you can. There are a lot of cheap LED bulbs out there that are crap, so you must be careful about where you order them from. I don't know where you got yours from, but I use www.v-leds.com.

ejreams

Reaction score
Unfortunately, aftermarket LED bulbs are a bit fussy. Check to make sure they are plugged in all the way, sometimes the fitment is a little tight or too lose with aftermarket LED's because the plastic isn't molded as well as an OEM bulb is, and they can become unplugged on their own from vibrations from the car. Also try unlplugging the one you are having problems with, turn it 180 degrees, and plug it in (opposite of the way it was before). Some LED's have polarity that allow them only to work one way. If it was working okay for a while and then this happened, this probably won't make a difference. A last resort can be switching the bulbs to the opposite side.

Two of my LED bulbs went bad, luckily one of them was still under the 90 day warranty. If the above doesn't solve your problem, return or exchange it if you can. There are a lot of cheap LED bulbs out there that are crap, so you must be careful about where you order them from. I don't know where you got yours from, but I use www.v-leds.com.

I usually use VLED's but I tried Autolumination this time and I don't know if they even have a warranty now that I think about it.

I got them like.. 12 days ago.

I think the one is a dud though because I swapped them just a few minutes ago and the opposite side had the problem at that point. so I think its the bulb itself.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I usually use VLED's but I tried Autolumination this time and I don't know if they even have a warranty now that I think about it.

I got them like.. 12 days ago.

I think the one is a dud though because I swapped them just a few minutes ago and the opposite side had the problem at that point. so I think its the bulb itself.

Usually the case. Find out about Autolumination's warranty. Or you could call them since you literally JUST bought them. If they have any reputation at all they will give you new ones.

btw V-leds had some switchbacks for our cars on clearance a few weeks ago, but I haven't checked for a while.

ejreams

Reaction score
Do Amber/White Switchbacks not work correctly with our accords?
I have some amber/white instead of the traditional amber/off and the passenger side is giving me nothing but hell.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Do Amber/White Switchbacks not work correctly with our accords?
I have some amber/white instead of the traditional amber/off and the passenger side is giving me nothing but hell.

A bulb is a bulb. If you're having problems it's either a defective bulb or check your wiring and sockets.

I think GoldenKnight22 and a few others on here have amber/white switchbacks.

ejreams

Reaction score
A bulb is a bulb. If you're having problems it's either a defective bulb or check your wiring and sockets.

I think GoldenKnight22 and a few others on here have amber/white switchbacks.

Maybe I should get resistors. I have a flasher, but maybe a/w's require resistors.

Back