Acura TL sway bars on Accord

tiktawk

Reaction score
hmm which bars specifically do you guys have?
i have the 20mm installed on my 4 banger and it does sit just a few centimeters from the center hanger but does not come in contact with it... no cluncks or any suspension noise, wheather its just cruising or hitting bumps

I have the 20mm bar. I ordered urethane bushings recently as after I added the TL strut tower bar and TL front sway bar my car now understeers, so perhaps that will add just a bit more stiffness to the rear. While I am changing the bushings I will see if I can bend the hanger so it doesn't rub. I only noticed (heard) it clunk when backing out of my driveway.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
many people make them for our cars. Most use the TL sways on v6p.net

accord1082

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced oversteer with their new 04 TL 20mm bar? Today I was heading to work and hit an onramp at about 35mph. As I was in the corner I hit a wet spot on the road from some sprinklers and the rear broke loose and then grabbed again but it took me by suprise. I wasnt going too hard into the corner but I feel like if I was going any faster the rear would have came around on me. I have also hit some high speed long curving on ramps at like 65 and it also feels like the rear wants to come out. I have yet to take it somewhere with room and get it to break loose to get a feel for the threshold. Anyone with more experience or knowledge with the 20mm bar would be helpful! I have eibach pro springs with Tokico Blues and an eibach front strut bar. Dry city driving is fun and not as much of a risk as having the rear end come out on the highway at 65 mph. Anyone kno any more info??

HomerJay

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced oversteer with their new 04 TL 20mm bar? Today I was heading to work and hit an onramp at about 35mph. As I was in the corner I hit a wet spot on the road from some sprinklers and the rear broke loose and then grabbed again but it took me by suprise. I wasnt going too hard into the corner but I feel like if I was going any faster the rear would have came around on me. I have also hit some high speed long curving on ramps at like 65 and it also feels like the rear wants to come out. I have yet to take it somewhere with room and get it to break loose to get a feel for the threshold. Anyone with more experience or knowledge with the 20mm bar would be helpful! I have eibach pro springs with Tokico Blues and an eibach front strut bar. Dry city driving is fun and not as much of a risk as having the rear end come out on the highway at 65 mph. Anyone kno any more info??
I should know shortly...I'm installing a similar setup this weekend: Neuspeed Sport, Koni shocks, TL stabilizer bar, Neuspeed front strut tie bar.

Currently I only have the Neuspeed front strut tie bar and wider tires (225/45x17) and am experiencing pretty prominent understeer. I've been noticing exit ramps are needing constant adjustment (turning into turn).

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I haven't had any rain but my car doesn't feel like it want's to step it's tail out at all. I'm also used to rwd cars as well, on ****ty tires, with torque. But honestly, after springs and my strut bar, my car's limit increased but with understeer. Now my car handles better without the same understeer. I reall can't image it being bad driving sanely in any weather (that cali gets lol).

Cronousman

Reaction score
I just did the swap =P It barely clears the Exhaust hook. The car turned better around the corners after H&R but now it's like WHOAA. There's not too oversteering =O If anything...I think i still have some under steering...but i think it's because my stock shocks are finally gone...I did pull my ebrake today around a turn and the rear slid out in the crazy rain we've been having...never thought i'd be drifting in an accord XD

champaned_out

Reaction score

sounds more like a tire problem than the thicker sway bar... maybe if you made a sudden jerk just as you hit the wet spot it would make more sense it was sway bar related, but if you were turning on the on ramp without any sudden or fast movements it could be your tires are starting to lose grip..

or maybe it wasnt water you drove over, could of been a patch of oil haha

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so what is the best set up to get out of these? im guessing the 20mm but i dont know what other parts to get as well...and what to get to not have any problems...

Freedom_Fighter

Reaction score
i need to know as well...when ima switch out to a tl sway what parts do i need?....ima be droppin my car next week so gonna do this also..if someone could pm me what i would need.

Back