Acura TL sway bars on Accord

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its pretty well-documented that they will fit. the only issue might be the exhaust hanger if i remember right...my CT bar is on my bedroom floor now soooo cant be of any assistance yet :rolleyes:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, i got everything done today. Comparing the bars they look alot different but it fits with absolutely no problems. I was going to do a DIY but it's pretty pointless as the info is there.

Anyway, the only problem i ran into is I rounded a nut on the endlink. I temporary used a nut from my exhaust, works great, i'll pick up a new nut tommorrow.

I highly suggest you drop the muffler. I have a low mileage car so it really just came off with no fuss. The endlinks weren't a problem at all, except for the rounded nut, that was my bad.

Impressions. I'm really happy with this from the 10 min of driving i've done so far. When i got my eibach strut bar (it actually works), i noticed a bit more understeer. When i got my rims and wider, grippier tires, it got a bit worse. Now the car feels much more neutral. I don't know if my car handles "better" but it's easier to drive fast. Plus, there is nothing "negative" about this. No harshness, noise, etc. Not that i would expect that but it's nice to have a suspension mod that doesn't affect ride quality one bit.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
little confused here... i've gone through the 4 pages of this thread like 5 times and am still lost..... what is the size of the stock rear sway?? also im assuming that the auto and manual tl bars are slightly different in size since the manual costs a few dollars more...what are their sizes? i feel retarded for asking these questions but its 2am and trying to get this all figured out before i order this stuff in the morning...ok later this morning haha

Last edited:

Av6916

Reaction score
Yeah 04 tl-s swaybars fit without a problem. If you live in california you will must likely not need new end links since we don't experience any snow or water that would corrode the bolts. If you have experience it's a good 15-40 minute job.

nexTOme

Reaction score
my car isnt lowered yet, and should i do this at the same time when i install coilovers? since i will have to remove endlink nuts/bolt(the one with allen key hold and nut)?

and i think im just going to have extra set of endlink just in case....
how much do they go for? im assuming it is part # 21 from oemacuraparts, which is another 37bucks...

Back