Aftermarket seats.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found these seats for $300 picked up with brackets brand new in box.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1159-1&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Anyone ever try them? I'm just a bit uneasy about getting leather racing seats, kinda defeats the purpose. I want comfort, and my stock leather seats aren't doing the trick.

These are so cheap. I wouldn't recommend anyone to ever buy them. The back panels velcro onto the frame. There is almost zero foam to cushion your back/butt.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm confused. what is the difference between sliders and brackets?
and how come some of the websites sell brackets but lists no sliders?

Sliders, slide the seat back and forth.

Brackets, connect the seat to the body of the car.

Usually some seats will include sliders, but no brackets, I would only trust companies like Momo, Wedge Eng., Etc for a reliable bracket.

6genaccord

Reaction score
Yeah I'm still going to say if you want to spend less then $500 for a set. Go with Tenzo R. I have the Rally 2's, though I would've preferred the Tenzo R Type R Evolution model. Any seat from them is reasonably price, comfortable and not cheaply made. I won't say they're as high quality or track rated as Sparco or Momo or Recaro, but they look good and are def comfortable.

In addition, my set was $150. Check your local craigslist. or search eBay by distance.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Sliders, slide the seat back and forth.

Brackets, connect the seat to the body of the car.

Usually some seats will include sliders, but no brackets, I would only trust companies like Momo, Wedge Eng., Etc for a reliable bracket.

the corbeau's i'm looking at only lists a bracket. does that mean it'll reuse the stock sliders?

also if i go with wedge are their brackets applicable to any seat? their numbers are the same as the corbeau stock numbers...weird. yo.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I found a pair of yellow Tenzo R seats. They're the same Andrew has so I know it's comfortable, but the color is the only thing holding me back from buying them. Is it possible to somehow dye the color to black? Is that a simple DIY or is it a better idea to do it professionally? If so, how much does that job run approximately?

pattywak

Reaction score
Microsuede is just that, suede, only softer. It is not leather. It will not hold temps like leather does.

Oh all right. Sounds good. So it's like super cloth, basically.
I just really hate that leather gets so hot. My back always gets sweaty when I drive. :skurred:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found a pair of yellow Tenzo R seats. They're the same Andrew has so I know it's comfortable, but the color is the only thing holding me back from buying them. Is it possible to somehow dye the color to black? Is that a simple DIY or is it a better idea to do it professionally? If so, how much does that job run approximately?

I'd rather just spend my time and money on finding a black pair.

Back