amp goes into protect mode??

99accord boi

Reaction score
found that the problem is the amp
i unplugged the rca and sub and amp still went into protect mode almost immediately this time

lashlee

Reaction score
Then it's probably related to a power supply problem. Have you listened to the stereo with the car not running and almost run the battery down? Low voltage tends to eat up power supplies faster than most any thing else.

Reaction score
it could also be that your speakers are too strong and is causing your amp to overheat the amp and it automatically shuts down...another thing could be that if you have the amp bolted down to a sub box it could also be a problem because the magnet from the speakers will cause the amp to overheat alot faster. Good luck with that bro!

99accord boi

Reaction score
Then it's probably related to a power supply problem. Have you listened to the stereo with the car not running and almost run the battery down? Low voltage tends to eat up power supplies faster than most any thing else.
i it could be power related but its deff not battery related this amp/sub put up with me even wen i had a battery that struggled to start the car ( i ran a battery so bad it could not last 5 min system playing without comepletely dying ) i have a new battery that works and is 5 months old
and i havent had any time to check my wiring i did it correctly ran power one side RCA on the other

it could also be that your speakers are too strong and is causing your amp to overheat the amp and it automatically shuts down...another thing could be that if you have the amp bolted down to a sub box it could also be a problem because the magnet from the speakers will cause the amp to overheat alot faster. Good luck with that bro!
amp has been bolted to the back of the box for years and never had a problem
and thanks

lashlee

Reaction score
If you ran the battery down that far in the past it surely could have weakened the power supply in the amp. I would start looking for a replacement or look into getting it repaired if you need to keep the amp for install reasons.

I'm not sure where the information came from about the magnet causing an amp to overheat but that's not completely accurate. A magnet will have some field surrounding it but it won't have any effect on the temperature of the amp. It may cause issues with some of the compnonents in some digital processing circuits but it won't cause extra heat.

99accord boi

Reaction score
If you ran the battery down that far in the past it surely could have weakened the power supply in the amp. I would start looking for a replacement or look into getting it repaired if you need to keep the amp for install reasons.

I'm not sure where the information came from about the magnet causing an amp to overheat but that's not completely accurate. A magnet will have some field surrounding it but it won't have any effect on the temperature of the amp. It may cause issues with some of the compnonents in some digital processing circuits but it won't cause extra heat.

yea didnt really pay attention to his posts lol
i do know mounting amp to the back of the box is bad
thanks for the help now i need to find a place that will repair my amp
im testing the amp on a freinds car jus to double check

Back