And so it is completed!... 6 speed swap.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed swap.

^^^ That was his point.... with all of the labor cost, he's saying that 2200 is wicked cheap. Which it is......

finch13

Reaction score

stop racing things, stop chirping 2nd gear. break in the clutch first.

trust me.

i know its hard to hold back, but the wait is well worth it :p i can chirp third! LSD is awesome too.

congrats on getting everything running.

im just having a hard time believing it costed 2200 w/ labor.

Word, give the clutch plenty of time in traffic before going hard on it.

NASOHC

Reaction score

For the record:

RJ did the research, went and bought the transmission, pedals and shifter assembly for about $1000 - If you're going to use a CL-S or TL transmission it'll be a lot more expensive. He opted for the 06 Accord 6sp w/no LSD for that reason. He paid me $1200 for the labor, new pilot bearing, new release bearing, new axle, hyd. line modification, clutch master rebuild, pipe-fitting weld job and a new axle which was bad to begin with.

The clutch needs no break-in; we used was the one that came on the used transmission. It was in perfect condition. I had the flywheel resurfaced and replaced the pilot bearing and release bearing (shiat, I forgot to charge you that RJ) I knew I forgot something!

Anywho, the more parts you provide, the more you'll save. All I can say is that for $850 labor, you can have this work done + whatever little BS comes about which I think is very fair considering the amount of work it takes. We did not short cut anything, even the shifter mounting was drilled out to fit the 6sp shifter assembly since it would not line up properly. We used spacers on the pedal assembly to provide smooth clutch action and the braided hyd. line was routed neatly. The job was clean and all because we took the time to do it right. I wish we had the harness to fully complete the swap and unleash its full performance but I guess we'll have to wait.

Considering what it would cost to rebuild an autotragic trans. on a V6, this is not a bad investment. Yes, it'll be about $1500 more by the time you get the harness but heck... nothing like driving a stick IMO.

Enjoy it RJ and drive safe!

Any questions PM me.

claybird

Reaction score

Oh I know all about his turbo V6, but in his original post he asked "mods you have done to make the 7th gen equipment and 4cyl equipment work and the tranny bolt up" so... I dunno? :thinking:

SORRY i meant i have a 7th gen tranny and use like 4 cyl pedals and linkage and master...sorry had to clarify....i keep hearing you have to weld something???

nixed007

Reaction score

NASOHC let me know when you want to spend a week (or two :) ) out in indiana. That price is really making me want to do the swap... hopefully next summer :thumbup:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

uuhh.. y r u chirping and racing on the day u got teh car from teh shop? :eh:

break it in properly :slap: or say bye bye to ur tranny :coffee:

TheHunter

Reaction score

Roy he just explained it. Read Ken's post. :flipoff:

And it wasn't a race, but merely a friendly spar in a deserted street at midnight..... Racing is stupid.

And Ken... I hope it wont cost 1000 to install the harness :p It's only 500 for the harness, and supposedly its pretty quick to install, just gotta solder literally a couple of wires.

Gee all you haters about the break in... I'm just following the Doctor's (NASOHC's) orders.

NASOHC

Reaction score

Roy he just explained it. Read Ken's post.

And Ken... I hope it wont cost 1000 to install the harness :p It's only 500 for the harness, and supposedly its pretty quick to install, just gotta solder literally a couple of wires.

Gee all you haters about the break in... I'm just following the Doctor's (NASOHC's) orders.

Don't worry, just bring it, I'll take care of it. N/C

Back