Annoying dimming...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
this should be involved with alt/ecu/bat thing. when the ecu detects bat is charged, demand is low, it turns off the alt. when demand comes back (a/c clutch) the lights dim. the ecu detects this, and turns the alt on, so the dim stops.

adding the grounds prly wont help :okay2:

choices

1) add a capacitor to power supply, like 1 farad (big ****er), to power erytang while the alt comes up

B] dumb system: cut alt wire to ecu, splice to whatever its 'posed to

3} deal with it. my cars sill mostly fine, all unrelated after about 100k in almost 8 years.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
this should be involved with alt/ecu/bat thing. when the ecu detects bat is charged, demand is low, it turns off the alt. when demand comes back (a/c clutch) the lights dim. the ecu detects this, and turns the alt on, so the dim stops.

adding the grounds prly wont help :okay2:

choices

1) add a capacitor to power supply, like 1 farad (big ****er), to power erytang while the alt comes up

B] dumb system: cut alt wire to ecu, splice to whatever its 'posed to

3} deal with it. my cars sill mostly fine, all unrelated after about 100k in almost 8 years.

Funny thing is I installed the HID kit on my car and now it doesn't do it anymore LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
system creates arc by stepping up an controlling voltage, all of these factors might limit dimming. I bet high beams aren't hid? Do dash/other lights dim?

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Yea just the dash lights. I don't mind that im used to it now. It was mainly the headlights that bugged me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back