Another CEL question

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Having trouble trying to figure out this CEL: 1 Long flash, PAUSE, 10 Short flashes. Anyone know what this is?

hendizzlez

Reaction score
do u mean maintenance light?

cause i had 10 flashes of it which means theres a problem with ur EGR - exhaust gas recirculation.. the valve may be open which isnt suppose to stay open. search it up, i like did :) u'll find out more about it!

but then, all i did was reset the light and it never showed up again cause jae (nexTOme) said it might've been that after an oil change, the maintenance light wasn't resetted, which should be after every oil change cause ur car doesnt know the oil was changed.. hope i helped!

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Errrrr . . . yea . . . i'm dumb. It is the maintenance light. You had just 10 short flashes, or 1 long and 10 short?
I got my oil changed about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and the light just came on, so I don't think its that. EGR doesn't sound good, hope that's not it. I'll keep searchin, but thanks for the help.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Are you the one Nextome was talking to me about over aim?

Why? Am I in trouble? I dunno if it was me, but have you got any advice for me?

And I4, would the light have come on that long after getting the oil changed? I hope it's just that, but the last time they forgot to reset it after an oil changed I don't remember it flashing so often. It would only flash 3 or 4 times.

1 long, 10 short, then goes away. I can't find anything that tells me exactly what this sequence means. I'll keep looking, and thanks for the help, as always, fellas

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Dammit, now my Maintenance light also flashes 1 long, 10 short. I think you jinxed me. I got my oil changed about 800 miles ago, so I hope that is what it is. Thanks bn for the info on how to reset the Maintenance light

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol No not in trouble. Just seemed like coincidence cuz he was talking about someone on the board wondering if they had a CEL or Maint Light issue.

Edit:

lawl.. you guys...the maint light doesnt mean anything bad. It's just telling you its time for some kind of service or maintenance at given intervals. As long as you know you're keeping up with your maintenance, just reset it.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Dammit, now my Maintenance light also flashes 1 long, 10 short. I think you jinxed me. I got my oil changed about 800 miles ago, so I hope that is what it is. Thanks bn for the info on how to reset the Maintenance light

LOL! That's too funny!

And thanks Blkcurrant, for clearing up that maintenance light doesn't mean there's something wrong.
50K? Is that a milestone for any maintenance?

Back