another spring and OEM shocks question

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i know everyone is just going to say just get coilovers, but i dont think that will happen since i dont really ahve the funds for it. but anyways i found some good deals on craiglist for neuspeed and eibach prokits springs. i was debating on which ones to get when i will be installing these on my OEM shocks. so please give me some of your opionions on which is better to get. i tried seaching and i read that eibach is probably the best to put on since the drop isnt that low but will give you the "boat look"

jwong512

Reaction score
Your gonna blow your shocks man. Our stock shocks aren't made for a lowered ride height.

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
i have been running eibach sportlines with the original struts from the factory with 150k miles and the car rides beautifully like it isnt even lowered....just go for it...if u blow the struts ur gonna have to get new ones anyways...

TheHunter

Reaction score
Oh come on dude just save up for a bit. The coil-overs are worth it!!! Save and watch the classifieds on here.... you'll find a set you can afford!

Before I got my car it had lowering springs on it, and they blew out one of the struts... just saying.

Reaction score
Hehehe. I am going to be doing the same thing. A moderate drop will be better on the stock shocks. I will be at a 1.6" drop on front and rear. I will post this weekend on the handling results.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
get coilovers I'm dropped on stechs and after all was said and done I ended up payin about $150-200 less then coilovers cause I had to replace the used stock struts with tokico blues. plus I wanna go lower now. trust me in the long run your going to be much happier buying colilovers instead of buying springs and then later going to coilovers.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
look at it this way, if you blow your stock shocks and have to sell your car you're going to have to re-buy stock shocks, why waste your time when you could buy aftermarket and keep the entire OEM set up in the same condition you took it off on the vehicle

Back