Any Bikers??

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Don't judge me, but I have not been on any of my bikes is probably a month plus. I am ashamed, but it is 2 cold and rainy for me to ride. However, I would love to go mtn biking in snow!

Dude, snow mountain biking is seriously the most fun you can have. Also, I got new wheels for my mountain bike a few weeks ago. Finally got them on with new rotors, chain and cassette to replace my worn drivetrain.

8349024132_acc809a22d_b.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I thought they looked different when I saw you post a pic on Facebook, but I did not think to ask. Does your model come stock with the red accents on the headset and seatpost. Did you notice a big difference with the recent additions? I need to get around to buying a bike stand because my rear brakes were making a nasty noise and felt bad last time I rode. So I am guessing they are out alignment some.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Yea, it came with the red accents. I haven't really ridden it enough to notice a difference, especially since my big ride was in the snow. I really like 'em though, they took a real beating on New Year's Eve and are still totally true.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Friend of mine helps with a mtn biking camp each summer in North Carolina. This summer they took a trip to Colorado. I am so jealous of trails like this. He said they were above 12K when they hit the top, but the descent was not that much fun since it was mostly fire trails and gravels roads.

https://vimeo.com/54890792

One day I will get to ride something like that, but for now I guess I will stick to my single-track with no good views and climbs.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
You should get the Raleigh International. Steel is real dude. No, that Raleigh is sweet, but for that kind of money, I would be on one baller mountain bike. The only thing I don't like about that bike is the Weinmann wheels, but that is easily remedied.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah I just do not get to ride my mtn bike much anymore. I would say 90% of my riding is on my road bike now, so I figured I should finally upgrade the 2003 Trek 1200. Yeah I do not enjoy the wheels that much either, as they do seem to be somewhat on the heavy side also. I am hoping they would knock off a few hundred on the price, or otherwise I will just jump to another brand bike I am comfortable with. I have thought about building up a bike, but I am sure that would still cost around $2500 if not more

Back