Any part for 5 speed swap

redlinevtec

Reaction score
when I bought my 5spd set from a donor car, the vss was included. it just depends if the person wants to be a PIA and make more money off you. it SHOULD be included...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
lol, i almost got one off a 98

what master cyl and slave cyl do you have?

kashmeister

Reaction score
98-02 master and 98-02 slave

I bored out the master so ill probably have to get a new one if i go with OEM lines.

The hole on the master was too small for the flare fitting i got (it fit the slave perfectly), so i sanded it down and bored out the master cylinder to make it fit. It seemed to hold psi when i did a test with my thumb.

On majestic, theres 2 part numbers for the master cylinder. One is thicker in diameter and is for the original plastic master cylinder they were putting in the car. The other is for the newer metal master cylinder retrofit they had.

I dont know which one is which on the site, but the master cyl i got is a centric OE replacement and its all metal.

No rush on this though, I think i'm gonna JB-Weld the AN fitting to the master cylinder anyways, because I don't think the OE will work with the size I bored it to.

Its like $120 and $80 for each type of line (plastic or metal) on majestic, so get me a good deal if you pick it up ;)

kashmeister

Reaction score
Any OE replacement should be fine. Off the top of my head I can say centric parts is the best. Everything I've got from them has been precisely made. I hear beck and arnley is good too. A lot of sellers don't say that centric parts makes it, so check the part number. (Something like 139.00007).

Where did you read that honda discontinued them? Maybe they discontinued only the plastic ones. For around $90 this guy on ebay is selling the oem master cylinder with all the pins and stuff. The centric master and slave were $100 together.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Back