ATTN Talonisawd!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Well, this has happened before, on person was nice enough to take it down but only after it had a high bid. Another company said they would pay me for my picture, that never happened. I asked this seller to take the picture down, we'll see.

Anyone want to contact him and ask if they can pick up? See if you can get a street address or phone number? Since i already contacted him, i probably won't be able to get the info. Maybe i can get a free lip out of this or something, i need a new one lol.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i should have grabbed a copywrite sheet from work so i can remember the exact details :mad:

but there are only a couple of ways you can legally use someones elses picture.
1. if the photographer is dead
2. after a period of 25 or 40(?) years
3. if the photographer cannot be contacted via 2 different methods
4. if the picture is "fair use" as in common property (just like the song "mary had a little lamb" is in the public domain with no author)
5. if you have received written approval by the photographer

cause once you expose your cameras sensor to light, whats captured is YOUR property even if you decide to share it on the internet. thats why its called "intellectual property" since it does not have a formal copywrite from the government.

i get people all the time trying to copy professional work. sometimes the paper will even say "do not copy" :rolleyes: they say "i paid for it." yes, you paid for that print your are holding...you did not pay for the right to copy it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ryan-Yeah, see, i understand about copyrights from music. But, ebay doesn't have any official policy, i don't actually know who is using my picture, and there is very little to nothing to be gained by this. It really doesn't bug me, i'm actually hoping at somepoint i can just threaten something out of someone instead of taking them to court.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I really don't see why it is a problem..he is not saying it is his car, he is not saying he took the picture..it is just a reference..I would take it as a compliment that somebody wants to use your car.

theaccordian

Reaction score
the problem is he's trying to make a profit using someone elses property.

highway_patrol

Reaction score
I just messaged the seller again telling him that the other car, SIRSIG's, is my friends and he would like to have the pic removed asap.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
This is a good example as to why all pictures you take should have a water mark or your name/logo and a copyright somewhere on it. And the problem with companies using pictures that don't belong to them or the exact product their selling is the fact that the product their selling could be different in quality and fitment than the one in the picture.

Last edited:

6THGEN_AI4

shavedaccord said:
This is a good example as to why all pictures you take should have a water mark or your name/logo and a copyright somewhere on it. And the problem with companies using pictures that don't belong to them or the exact product their selling is the fact that the product their selling could be different in quality and fitment than the one in the picture.

True shave but these names we put in our pics could be easily remove with PS. We should ask ebay to do something abt this, other than that we're screw.:(

talontsiawd

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Well, my fitment sucked, i'll say that. I guess what bugs me is just the fact they never got back to me. It's really not worth my time to do anything when i know ebay won't do anything, or hasn't in the past. I could tag my pics but they will just steal someone elses, i'm sure i will at somepoint.

Back