Austin Dube

Reaction score
My auto trans shit the bed so I had replaced it with a f22b2 5 speed trans from my sister's parts car lol. So this is my daily driver right now but it only tacks at 5000 and its in limp mode with no vtec, or speedometer. I am looking to fix these issues but I need a little help here. I am running the auto harness and ecu with the p/r/n/1/2/d3/d4 connector for the auto trans just clipped and all wired together to make it think its in every gear so it will start. Now to fix this issue I have a manual harness but if I put that in then I will fix my speedometer and reverse lights, but get a no start condition? I aparently need the under dash harness with the clutch safety switch? Other than that seems straight forward.

Now for the obd2b to odb1 I have a chipped and tuned p28 with a jumper harness, it runs and drives with it, but I need to rewire the iacv to a 2 from a 3 wire, I have a f22b2 intake manifold (also off my sister's car lol) with the 2 wire sensor. Now to wire this up some write ups say you dont have to repin it, and some say you do, but with my jumper harness its already pinned for it so I would just clip one of the three and wire it up accordingly to whatever diagram? I have also heard of needing a jumper harness for your distributor? I am wondering this cause there are alot of write ups of having to get a harness or change to a obd1 distributor but my car runs and drives fine with it and tachometer still works.?.?

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
If you are running the f23a1 motor, the distributor wiring is significantly different from an obd1 distributor, the signal wires run over to the other side of the motor on the f23a1, as opposed to the signal wires going into the distributor on the obd1. If you are running the adapter harness, theoretically, it should be adapted for your obd2 distributor wiring.

Last edited:
Back