Battery suggestions?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
$50 house special ftw!

but the die hard platinum are AGM batteries made by odyssey...AGM is the "fast discharge" type, better for stereos.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Optima is a good choice when it comes to running amps, HID's, subs and in area's where it's either hot in the summer and cold in the winter. A little pricey, but a good battery with a long battery life of around 7 years. I don't know why someone earlier said 3-4 years. That's not true.

The interstate battery's are good also, but their green and ugly. Lol, but seriously, I have heard good reviews but their a little overpriced.

Don't buy another Die Hard. I had a Die Hard, my buddy had a Die Hard and let me tell you. They Die Hard! LOL They suck. Stay away from Die Hard. Their quality isn't as good as it was 5-7 years ago.

OEM Honda battery's are good with a 100 month warranty for about $100-110. YMMV with each stealership though. My buddy had his original 98 battery go out in 07! Now that is something amazing.

My honest opinion would be, buy a battery that has a excellent warranty, a good price and from somewhere that is always going to be around whenever you need a replacement or any other parts.

And the best two battery's on my list are the Duralast Gold with a 8 year warranty (tends to fail more often though, but the warranty you can't beat!) for about $110 and the Kragen O'Reilly's SuperStart Extreme Gold for about $99

I have a Superstart Extreme Gold battery with a 84 month warranty, and the company who manufactures them are a well respected manufacturer. I did my research for a well respected brand and performance battery and narrowed it down to the SuperStart Extreme. If you want a long warranty but decent quality, go with Autozone's Duralast Gold battery. Both are available almost anywhere you go with a Kragen or Autozone on every street corner in every city. So you can't go wrong if you need a quick warranty replacement. At the end of the day, it's a Honda and you don't need a $200 battery unless your running a crazy sound system living in an area where the weather is always changing constantly. Then I would suggest an Optima.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thats the thing about product suggestions...i know very few people who recommend (or will ever own another) optima :lawl:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Optima sucks dick, overpriced and overrated. Lucky for me I got mine for free, otherwise I'd be pissed.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not necessarily this specific one, but if car audio is on your to do list, you may want to consider,

Kinetik-HC1400-1400-Watt-12-Volt-Power-Cell-Battery.jpg

LeatherKicks

Reaction score
Odyssey sells batteries, weight saving oriented, and heavy duty as well.

Optimas are just fine, goes bad...take it back, get new one, new warranty. Its like trading in cell phones. Although ive abused the crap out of one and had it in 5 different cars and sitting around between. Took years to a take a crap. With about 2000watts running on it in between as I always had a system... lol Comparing it to acid batteries is like apples and oranges....no one is going to want to bye it from you if you decide u dont want it.

Also owned a red top and the yellow I have now. Sold the red.

Last edited:
Back