Battery suggestions?

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Since I was on a pretty tight budget, I went with the Interstate Megatron Plus. 750CCA. Comes with a 85mo warranty. Picked it up for $90 at a local tire shop. So far so good!

xx24xx

Reaction score
Optima is a good choice when it comes to running amps, HID's, subs and in area's where it's either hot in the summer and cold in the winter. A little pricey, but a good battery with a long battery life of around 7 years. I don't know why someone earlier said 3-4 years. That's not true.

Wrong. You also void Optimas warranty if you use it to power 'thirsty' car stereos. I guess you've never seen an Optima explode?

Not necessarily this specific one, but if car audio is on your to do list, you may want to consider,

Kinetik-HC1400-1400-Watt-12-Volt-Power-Cell-Battery.jpg

I've heard a lot of bad things about Kinetik. As in can't hold a charge. Go with Stinger, XS Power, Odyssey or Xstatic BatCaps.

Odyssey sells batteries, weight saving oriented, and heavy duty as well.

Odyssey and Stinger are the same battery with different stickers and different prices by a large margin.. The 'Stinger SP1000' is bulletproof, smaller than factory and lighter. If you can find the Odyssey that's the same size...then you're golden.

Last edited:

LeatherKicks

Reaction score
Wrong. You also void Optimas warranty if you use it to power 'thirsty' car stereos. I guess you've never seen an Optima explode?

Then dropping water in cell phones to get the newer version that came out voids warranty too.... :poke:

How'd u make an optima explode...abuse of current and voltage? I see that DD on your sig. :D

Last edited:

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
http://www.shurikenonline.com/
this is what i will be running once i have loot for it, gotta build my box first i do car audio competition and me and my friends research has lead us to this line of battery, maybe down the line for you, we have one installed in a mini at the moment and works very well, its a glass pack type of battery check it out Shuriken ftw

xx24xx

Reaction score
Then dropping water in cell phones to get the newer version that came out voids warranty too.... :poke:

How'd u make an optima explode...abuse of current and voltage? I see that DD on your sig. :D

Yeah I've heard they explode with extreme output/recharging. They just aren't built for that. They have a lot more resistance than a car audio battery. I haven't personally seen them explode, but I have seen them expand and bulge...and it looks scary. This is mostly from guys pushing an excess of 6kw rms or guys running them for hydraulics.

Yup that's my DD. I have a build page with vids somewhere on this forum.

http://www.shurikenonline.com/
this is what i will be running once i have loot for it, gotta build my box first i do car audio competition and me and my friends research has lead us to this line of battery, maybe down the line for you, we have one installed in a mini at the moment and works very well, its a glass pack type of battery check it out Shuriken ftw

Shuriken is a good off brand just like Optima, different brand sticker with same great quality. SPL guys run those. I'd do the BT35 or BT45 under the hood and the BT120 or BT140 where your spare tire is. If you plan on running over 2Kw rms I highly recommend a high output alternator < 160A.

I don't know what you plan on using nor what size box, but I would plan on under 3.5-4 cu ft with port and you should keep the box about 3 or 4 inches away from the back of the trunk to ensure airflow. In my experience the air wants to flow through the ski door, rather than where the 6x9s used to be. If you make it bigger you will have a very hard time getting the sound into the cabin. If you do, flip the box facing forward and seal the box into the cabin with glass. It will be loud as hell, however it won't go as low. Also if you make the ports too small or thin, you will be able to hear port noise a lot easier with port and sub firing forward. If you do sub up, port up or sub up port back, side...whatever you will hear a lot of thin Honda metal vibrating and it will annoy the hell out of you.

Edit: All Stinger batteries are now made overseas. Odyssey no longer shares the same build house.

Last edited:

hondahana

Reaction score
never had an issue with the yellow tops i have for years running 2.5-2.8k rms. got a buddy witha red top that has been testing the piss out of it the past 2 weeks swaping it in car and trucks and is yet to have it strain.4cyl cars-v8 trucks.....

i personally have seen the same **** happen to all the batts for car audio once they are abused. for all of them its all just a matter of time before they give.

when i have to get my next batt it will be between xs and optima. this will also be power a 2.5k-3k system when i do.

Back