Been MIA for a while...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Been off the site and out of the accord for a good month now. Reason being that my car completely crapped out on me (On my way back from Houston Import Faceoff ironicly) therefore i've been putting all my time into getting it drivable again. Turns out I somehow snapped/cracked my camshaft which warpped my head. Anyways, to prevent from rambling on, long story short, found a new head, got it machined, cleaned the engine and bay up a bit, good as new. :)

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
How does a camshaft break? And you just had to replace it and the head?

Regardless, glad you got that straightened out. Must feel good for it to be running well again.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Nice, thorough check confirmed no other issues for you, I hope?

Yeah, we changed all kinds of stuff. I was gonna do a write-up in the DIY section, but we didn't actually FIX anything. It would've just turned into a "How to disassemble and re-assemble your engine" type thing.

How does a camshaft break? And you just had to replace it and the head?
Regardless, glad you got that straightened out. Must feel good for it to be running well again.

Thats what I said! I have no idea how it happened and i've never heard of it before. Should've taken a picture cuz it was seriously in 2 pieces after we took it out. We got a new camshaft from the dealer, and found a new head with around 85k on it and had it machined. While it was being machined we cleaned up the bottom end and replaced a few things there too.

And yeah its so nice to have my car back. I was driving around my junky CB7 with no heater in the cold all month.

sunroof

Reaction score
hey, hey, watch it with the negative comments about the cb7s,lol, im a loyal cb7tuner, it's just a matter a time before i get a 4 door 92-93 ex sedan and go crazy on it

back to topic: im glad you back on the road with the cg

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
hey, hey, watch it with the negative comments about the cb7s,lol, im a loyal cb7tuner, it's just a matter a time before i get a 4 door 92-93 ex sedan and go crazy on it

back to topic: im glad you back on the road with the cg

No don't get me wrong, I love CB7's, mine is just in really poor condition. Can't complain though I got it for free. :p

Back