Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
inflate tires to proper PSI, tailgate a semi-truck on the freeway, weight reduction

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
Most effective way to increase milage is driving habits. My buddy's lancer is supposed to be able to get 33mpg highway, but his lead foot gets him about 18mpg.

I agree. Driving habits definitely make a huge difference in mileage. I notice how quickly my gas level decreases if/when I drive with a heavy foot...

But another thing that helps to stretch your mileage is using cruise control as much as possible, not just when you're on the interstate or whatever. One of the guys from that radio show "Car talk" said, "Your car is happiest under two conditions: when it's moving at constant speeds, or when it's not moving at all." Using cruise control maintains a constant speed(conserving fuel) and keeps you from constantly speeding up and slowing down(wasting fuel). I use it all the time, it helps :thumbsup:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
inflate tires to proper PSI, tailgate a semi-truck on the freeway, weight reduction

^^
This. I usually run 32psi on all wheels and on long distance trips, tailgating a semi that's usually driving 60-65 at night will get you to at least 33-35MPG, or around 550-600 miles a tank (4cyl Automatic).

Cold-Air intake will not do you any good for MPG, I've compared my Stock res/DIY cold air intake to the AEM V2 CAI. On the stock intake I've gotten 24-25mpg all city driving and on the CAI I've actually gotten no better than 24mpg driving like a old@ss grandpa also.

intel0116

Reaction score
i get about 33 on the freeway with a cold air.
and 26-7 in the city.
then again i run shell premium

premium is such a waist of money in our cars, and it actually slows um down acording to v6p, they have a dyno tested thread of premium vs regular in our cars ......

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I thought higher psi was better for mpg though? Like 36?

People usually run recommended PSI according to what it says on the car, but when you buy tires, they will usually recommend a certain amount of PSI for the tires, so I just stick to that.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
u need to drive like gramps, to get the mpg u want,

end of story, :inouteek:

@ roy, hahhahahah tail gate 18wheelers FTW, until u rear end them, then you're screwed

Snoobly

Reaction score
A lighter flywheel will also increase gas mileage. And throttle response. I didn't notice much of a difference with my CAI nor with my RAI.

Back