Black spoiler or silver?

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I like the panda look on red and white coupes only.
Silver goes good with carbon fiber though.

SKIandSKY262

Reaction score
Well,

Silver spoiler seems the concensus.....the car has a lot of charcoal accents: the side running boards (what are those called on a Honda?) and the mud guards.

A detail guy at a car lot told me NOT to put a black spoiler on unless it was flat black.

Thanks everyone,

S&S

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Flat black spoiler would just look like its primered as if you hadn't gotten around to painting it. :lawl:

Good choice to just stick with silver and let it flow together. I would definitely paint the side skirts and personally I would remove the mud guards altogether. If you insist on keeping them, you could get them color-matched at the same time you paint the spoiler, it will look better silver than just black plastic.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Flat black spoiler would just look like its primered as if you hadn't gotten around to painting it. :lawl:

Good choice to just stick with silver and let it flow together. I would definitely paint the side skirts and personally I would remove the mud guards altogether. If you insist on keeping them, you could get them color-matched at the same time you paint the spoiler, it will look better silver than just black plastic.

This. Is. Truth.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Needs to be quoted again for truth

SKIandSKY262

Reaction score
Hmm....well then! I guess it's the silver spoiler. I'll get it on in June, at the next oil change. Paint the mud guards and plastic side moulding? Interesting suggestion.

Thanks a ton guys.

S&S

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

quoted thrice for truth.

I tell people all the time to color match their mudguards, very few actually do. It looks soo much better. Like what Toyota did with 1stgen Solara's.

Btw OP, the "black things" are called rocker panels.

JoeyG401

Reaction score
unless you have black rims, cf hood, or black lips on the silver car, dont put a black spoiler on it. if your going for the black/silver combo, then wait to put it on after you get black rims or lips..

Back