Blackhousing taillights? 01-02 Sedan

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Anyone ever done black housing taillights on a 01-02 sedan? Im talking about blacking out the white/silver part where the turn signal is... Im gonna be opening up the taillight to take out my amber turn signals, so I thought I'd give it a try if it looks right. Also, my red part of my tails are tinted to a maroon-ish color, so I think it might look good.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
it would look pretty cool, wish i had a extra pair of lights to play with. IMO it would look cleaner than tinting the lens itself from the outside.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
sounds interesting, post pics when your done!!

please if you can take pics and do a diy lol:thumbsup:

yeah do a diy, im looking to get an 02 v6 sedan and this sounds like something i might wanna be doing.

I dont really see a need for a DIY.. All you do is heat the oven up to about 220 and stick the taillights in for about 6 minutes, take em out and separate them with a screwdriver. haha

But REP points for a DIY does sound good... hahah

I'll probably try this out this weekend and see how it turns out.

EDIT** I might be trying out a dark gunmetal instead. I think black would kinda throw of the contrast of the white and red in the tails.

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i can see a cool black tint coming from around the edges but anywhere you see chrome, dont paint just so you still have the reflector for light... interested in seeing how it comes out

swollen_cu

Reaction score
i can see a cool black tint coming from around the edges but anywhere you see chrome, dont paint just so you still have the reflector for light... interested in seeing how it comes out

Yeahhh i was thinking the same thing! I might outline the chrome relfector with black.. maybe like half an inch on each side of the reflector.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
accenting doesn't seem like a bad idea lol. only if there was a way to photoshop it

Back