BlkCurrant's '05 Impreza RS

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Must be fun to tinker with an affordable car with great power and awd. I like it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked up a complete set of '07 wrx 4pot/2pot calipers from work for crackhead price!! Just need the adapter brackets and larger rear rotors to make it all work. Picked up stainless Borla header for it too.

Calipers need some clean up even though they only have 35k on them. Probably going to send them and the header out to be recoated and rebuilt.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update -

Got an off the shelf tune to help with the mods I've done (filter, header/exhaust). Extended the rev limited to 6400rpm and modified the sensitivity of the drive by wire throttle. I didn't know it but apparently you only use 40% of the pedal travel to get full power, which would explain why I'd always carry speed during autoX when I thought I was feathering the throttle and really wasn't. So now when I put my foot into it, it's actually like putting my foot into it. Makes 1st gear creeping incredibly easier (espcially @ drive thru's) so lurching or anything like it normally would just trying to give it a little gas.

Overall greatly improved the drivability of the car. Also, the guy who did my tune lives 2hrs away and I managed 28mpg getting there and back. Not quite as good as the accord but damn good for an awd car in the winter and all highway. My buddy barely gets mid 20's with his 5spd element and his wifes AT turbo forester is worse.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Update -

Overall greatly improved the drivability of the car. Also, the guy who did my tune lives 2hrs away and I managed 28mpg getting there and back. Not quite as good as the accord but damn good for an awd car in the winter and all highway. My buddy barely gets mid 20's with his 5spd element and his wifes AT turbo forester is worse.
thats also because you drive like an old woman

Back