BlkCurrant's '05 Impreza RS

Discussion in 'Non-6GA Member's Rides' started by BlkCurrantKord, Mar 8, 2009.

1. turbo_911

turbo_911 Well-Known Member

From pics, looks like you have a lot of fun with that car. How come you didn't go with WRX?

2. BlkCurrantKord

BlkCurrantKord Super Moderator

Didn't want to pay the extra for higher octane gas, insurance, turbo vehicle maintenance, wanting more power out of it, etc. Plus every person that sees the hood scoop on other ones wants to race them.

Just wanted a nice daily I could have a little fun with here and there. I test drove a TON of RS's, WRX's, and Outback Sports. The WRX just wasn't what I thought it would be, the Outback Sports sat too high, the RS was my happy medium. If I could've found an RS with the sport package I would've hopped on that instantly, or a wagon.

3. turbo_911

turbo_911 Well-Known Member

Oh I see. When I was looking for a car, I really wanted 1999-2000 RS 2.5. I liked how they look and pretty powerful too for its size. Couldn't find a good one with low miles. Every single one was like trashed.

4. BlkCurrantKord

Those are hard to come by and when you do, people jack the price up. It's like civics and tegs now. They want $7k for a $2k car with $10k of mods on it, most of which isn't usually done correctly.

5. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

Green(your neon choice), Purple, Blue, Red(then no contrast with the calipers if that is what you were going for), Yellow.

Changing the caliper colour is not an option? If you did the green, I dont think it would looks so bad if the rims were the same colour. Might as well work with your current contrast colour.

6. BlkCurrantKord

Calipers are already red, already bought new caliper paint for them. Which I might actually do tomorrow after I take my buddy to pick up his Miata from a shop. Definately no yellow, purple or blue are good options though...hrrm...

7. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

i think you should do the calipers black, they'd look good with the lettering polished out after they've been recolored. plus, black blends a lot better with neon green, haha.​

8. BlkCurrantKord

Much needed update -

Wheels have been blasted/straightened, calipers painted, Koni yellows arrived, new rotors ('06 wrx) for the larger calipers. My brother has some left over 3in diameter 309 stainless tubing from the exhaust he made for his integra so we're going to use that to fab up an intake (like the TAS Hybrid) for it this weekend.

What's left -

Paint/powdercoat wheels

SS Lines

Whiteline ComC front upper mounts/GroupN rear mounts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Emphasis

Emphasis Well-Known Member

Nice vehicle. Looking forward to an updated pic of the whole car.

10. BlkCurrantKord

Fabbed up an intake with my brother last weekend out of 309 stainless. Catch can coming soon too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]