Brake line rusted

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you talking about the hard lines? Because the caliper lines are rubber. Or did you mean the fittings at either end of the rubber lines were rusted?

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
Are you talking about the hard lines? Because the caliper lines are rubber. Or did you mean the fittings at either end of the rubber lines were rusted?

The drums have hard lines. It was rusted and blew. So I bought a line and bent it to match up. I just know drums can suck to bleed.

001Stunna

Reaction score
The drums have hard lines. It was rusted and blew. So I bought a line and bent it to match up. I just know drums can suck to bleed.

Drums have a bleeder screw right behind the wheel cylinder. Take wheel off, look behind and you'll see it. They bleed the same way as calipers do. Just spray some PB Blaster on it a couple times and let it soak a bit before attempting to turn it.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
Not threadjacking here, but damn if I didnt have a similar problem the week before you. I have discs on the rear and thought I cracked the hard line, looked underneath and it was a MESS along the line, turns out something in my right real caliper literally exploded and started pissing brake fluid out via the ebrake connector hole. Took it by my mechanic and had to replace the entire rear assembly on both sides (670$ later) So I feel your pain driving down the road, not knowing if your going to write your baby off... :skurred:

Back