C&C is welcomed

nexTOme

Reaction score
Canon Digital Rebel XTi + Canon 50mm 1.8

Mixed P mode and Manual mode.
Any advise, tips, comments, C&C welcomed. :)

IMG_7.jpg

IMG_25.jpg

IMG_22.jpg

IMG_20.jpg

IMG_12.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

1.jpg

Yogi

Reaction score
Good pics, Angeles Crest Hiking Trail??

xluben

Reaction score
Looks like pretty harsh lighting out there, but the pictures turned out good. I like the
concept/angle behind most of them. Some look overexposed/blown highlights, but it was
probably due to the hard lighting. Try a much slower shutter for the moving water :D

nexTOme

Reaction score
Good pics, Angeles Crest Hiking Trail??
they are from mt. baldy

Looks like pretty harsh lighting out there, but the pictures turned out good. I like the
concept/angle behind most of them. Some look overexposed/blown highlights, but it was
probably due to the hard lighting. Try a much slower shutter for the moving water :D
thanks.
i need lot more practice to overcome my shaky hands for slower shutter speed shots haha. any tips? i tried holding my breath, leaning against wall, etc.
to be honest, i'm afraid of raising iso.
i know i shouldn't be, but i dont really know how to remove/reduce noise through post processing, and dont want to be disappointed after taking 100+ of noisy shots. haha

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Jae, I would rest the camera on a rock and then brace it with your hands when using a slow shutter speed for the water. I'm thinking like 1 second + for water shots to get a lot of flow and make it look kinda soft

xluben

Reaction score
thanks.
i need lot more practice to overcome my shaky hands for slower shutter speed shots haha. any tips? i tried holding my breath, leaning against wall, etc.
to be honest, i'm afraid of raising iso.
i know i shouldn't be, but i dont really know how to remove/reduce noise through post processing, and dont want to be disappointed after taking 100+ of noisy shots. haha
Setting the camera down (rock/ground/etc) and using the self timer can work if you don't have a tripod:

466635558_CKdLr-L.jpg

With an IS lens you can get some pretty good water blur handheld:

523726637_7nqse-L.jpg

nexTOme

Reaction score
Jae, I would rest the camera on a rock and then brace it with your hands when using a slow shutter speed for the water. I'm thinking like 1 second + for water shots to get a lot of flow and make it look kinda soft
oh duh...haha why didn't i think of that?
i guess i was just too afraid of setting camera down near water/getting my clothes dirty

Setting the camera down (rock/ground/etc) and using the self timer can work if you don't have a tripod:

With an IS lens you can get some pretty good water blur handheld:
cool. thanks for all your tips/advice.
ill try that next time :thumbsup:

they look better than mines. :hide:
lol im barely beginning photography.
thanks anyways :)

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Pics look pretty good. Some pics, as said before, look over exposed; maybe bring the f stop to 8 and drop the shutter speed. You'll get sharper pics. You should try flash for the pic with the girl/dog..to me, it looks underexposed, but what do I know lol still, nice!

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
hey which part of mt baldy? where you actually all the way on top around that area? or the bottom part of the mountain where there is picnic area?

Back