Car at over 250 k need new timing belts pz help

Smok3o3

Reaction score
I bought this car at 140k and have not done timing belt change or any belts change for that matter. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable driving it so much so I want to get the timing belt done. My friend told me three. Important things to change will be timing belt water pump and balancer belt. Do you guys think I should do more replacements like to the pulleys or anything. What all will I need to get this done and have a safer car?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
also flush all of your fluids. dont just change out the fluids.. make sure to flush them..

thread should be in "Accord Tech" btw

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
water pump
timing belt
idler bearing
tensioner bearing
hydraulic tensioner
serpentine belts
thermostat
anti-freze
cam seals
crank seal

check out aisin timing belt kit on ebay, cbhausmaster...oem parts at a decent price.:haysm9:

slowrider87

Reaction score
It's a little annoying having people say replace your "serpentine belts". It's like "Headers on a 4cyl. Theres only one. We 4cyl guys DO NOT have "serpentine belts". A "serpentine belt" is ONE belt, that goes around the crank pulley and slithers and winds (like a "serpent") its way around all the other accessory pulleys like so...
Beltremoval.jpg

We have separate accessory drive belts. One for the power steering pump, and one for the A/C compressor like so...
0900c15280027d2e.gif

Some (like myself) also consider the balance shaft belt an accessory belt. But i'll leave that open to your own interpretation. oh well, anyways...

All "serpentine belts" are "accessory drive belts", but seperate "accessory drive belts" are not a "serpentine belt". They don't look like a serpent.

/annoyed

here you go dude...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41314

PM that guy. I was gonna buy it but i had Just bought stuff from someone else.

I'm in your same situation. just hit 252k. I bought the car at 202k and have no idea when the last time my timing stuff was done. Heres a list of the parts I have bought. Many are not necessary for this job, but I figured as long as i'm ripping stuff apart i might as well go all out.

IMAG0860.jpg

** = Most common
-Timing Belt**
-Balance Belt**
-Power steering Belt**
-A/C Belt**
-Water Pump**
-Balance belt tensioner & Spring**
-Timing Belt tensioner & Spring**
-Balance shaft seal
-Camshaft seal
-Front main seal
-Valve cover Gasket**
-Spark plug Gaskets**
-Distributor shaft O-Ring (Most don't do this. Mine is leaking)
-PCV Valve Grommet (Again, most don't do this. Mine is leaking)
-VTEC Solenoid gasket (Yet again, most don't do this. Mine is leaking)
-Oil Pump (Just because I don't know when or if it was ever done. Most likely me being paranoid and overdoing it)

Back