Car won't start = fuel pump or connection?

Cpyro

Reaction score
Almost sounds like a Main relay, in the garage its fine, you take it out side and the car heats up with the sun and it doesnt work. I dont think u need a multi meter but i would assume Ohms is what ur checking for you can get a fuse tester for like a buck at auto zone and it will light up if good or bad.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Ok, from last time I posted, the car was in garage and hasn't been started for 3-4 days and today I tried to start it again and it I hear the that fuel pump doesn't work.

So I proceed to start it, it starts, works 2 seconds and shuts off.

I take out the key, then put it back and turn to ignition on, and I can hear that now fuel pump work and the car started and works fine.

Now this really confuses me. I checked all the wires and fuses and everything is good. How do I check for fuel pressure? should I go to advanced auto and get that fuel pressure equipment to check it?

Also, I don't think its the fuel pump thats bad, it sure is the connection. What scares me is that if I will be driving and the car will shut down on me lol.

falcore

Reaction score
take out the fuel relay and resolder all the points, I had the same problem, and this fixed it.

A-cord

Reaction score
Ok, from last time I posted, the car was in garage and hasn't been started for 3-4 days and today I tried to start it again and it I hear the that fuel pump doesn't work.

So I proceed to start it, it starts, works 2 seconds and shuts off.

I take out the key, then put it back and turn to ignition on, and I can hear that now fuel pump work and the car started and works fine.

Now this really confuses me. I checked all the wires and fuses and everything is good. How do I check for fuel pressure? should I go to advanced auto and get that fuel pressure equipment to check it?

Also, I don't think its the fuel pump thats bad, it sure is the connection. What scares me is that if I will be driving and the car will shut down on me lol.

Hmm I'm having a similar problem. My car has indeed shut off on me while I was driving. I thought it was a fuel filter/pump problem, but I hear the fuel filters for our cars are actually inside the tank.. So.. I'm stumped.

Back