Car Wont Stay on!

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
Alright so i got a 99EX I4 5Spd..

Just recently changed the Alternator/starter/radiator/battery~ Did basically a great tune up... haha just today as i got off work i turned my car on to let it warm up a bit.... stood on then just turned off.... was idleing kinda weird......

was thinking maybe it could be a vacum line or idle control?

Any help and suggestions would really be appreciated~

Thanks 6th Gen Community~

Erik123456789

Reaction score
hmmmm not sure if its the iacv, usually when a vacuum line or even the iacv is completely unplugged, the idle just goes out of control but the car should stay on. How was it idling? like a misfire? or like you running out of fuel?

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
hmmmm not sure if its the iacv, usually when a vacuum line or even the iacv is completely unplugged, the idle just goes out of control but the car should stay on. How was it idling? like a misfire? or like you running out of fuel?

Idk like it was warming up for like 2 mins... then it the rpms just dropped to like 500 then 300 then off.. i was like wtf... then i turned it back on and held the key to the on position for about 10 secs... stood on.. drove 1 mile home and as soon as i got home it just dropped again..

Drift

Reaction score
A vacuum leak would case a high idle, not a low idle.

Kind of sounds like the EGR is stuck open. Does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Could be a clogged throttle body, if it only turns off when you come to a COMPLETE STOP(as in 0% throttle) then it's possible that there is some dirt clogging up the small space between the throttle PLATE and the throttle body.

finch13

Reaction score
Could be a clogged throttle body, if it only turns off when you come to a COMPLETE STOP(as in 0% throttle) then it's possible that there is some dirt clogging up the small space between the throttle PLATE and the throttle body.

When the throttle is closed, it's 100% closed. That's where the IAC kicks open and does its job.

Lrys_CG

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me a couple days ago.. I still havent had the time to clean out my iacv

MrLazie1

Reaction score
A vacuum leak would case a high idle, not a low idle.

Kind of sounds like the EGR is stuck open. Does it sound like its running on 3 cylinders?

vacuum leak has more air going in than regular. it wont have enough fuel to equalize the mixture in the combustion chamber. more fuel would cause a high idle and might even hydro lock the engine cause its not burning it up all in the cylinder.

Back