Coilovers for under $300

nyknick1015

Reaction score
to be honest i think most of us on this forum wouldnt touch this unless someone here with high rep takes it and test it out and give us his or her verdict on it. but guinea pigs are always welcome :p

so your saying that if some1 like Ken or dre tried them, then you would try them?? So its basically a popularity contest for you to buy stuff

ive been searching around reading up...one guy said a weld on something broke, i wasnt surprised....that was in one of the links on the first page. i looked over on the vwvortex, and people there are so-so with them. they seem to the the same as vmaxx and jom. also read that they get bouncy if you go decently low. on one of the bmw sites some guy was talking about how soft they were...which would explain the bounciness if you go remotely low. idk, personally i wouldnt buy them just because of my experience in the past with cheap suspension set ups....you definitely get what you pay for, and i dont expect these to be any less than that.

i understand what you mean bout the whole vmaxx schpeal but we cant automatically disregard any of the reviews of the coils that were good solid... and i think its fair to say that when you get lower on any coilover system, it gets stiffer and harder to ride because my WS def get stiffer the lower i go because the rebound travel is a lot shorter.

yea the price seems fishy but i would hate to knock them out just yet... and plus a lot of us think that we buy coils to go and race when barely any of us ever hit the track... its all street daily driving.. if you can buy a quality coil system for street/daily driving for that price, then why not

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
so your saying that if some1 like Ken or dre tried them, then you would try them?? So its basically a popularity contest for you to buy stuff

I think he was just stating that he would want somebody to buy them for the accord that is reputable and could test them out to give a review. He would not want to waste his money unless it has been tested by an accord owner that has high reputation.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
and i think its fair to say that when you get lower on any coilover system, it gets stiffer and harder to ride because my WS def get stiffer the lower i go because the rebound travel is a lot shorter.

thats also cuz your apex'i's adjust the "old" way. my ksports will ride the same at any height, and my b&g's rode the same at any height as well. as will f2's, d2's, and any other coilover that has a height adjustable bottom mount.

its just old tech. i would say for this company, if theyre serious and not just trying to make a buck off of people (which imo, it seems like they are), they should design their coilover systems with an adjustable bottom mount, theyd definitely ride a lot better because the shock would have full travel.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Before this thread goes any further, i think we need to understand that if we are going to buy a coilover to auto x, take to the track, or anything under racing circumstances, we should all know to not be cheap and buy reputable products... BUT if we are looking to lower our car for style, show and STREET PERFORMANCE (i.e. less body roll when on the high way or turning the corner, stiffer and not boaty feel, or u just plain want to be rice like all the other jdmer) then we should consider other affordable methods if the means are there.

Do not twist what im saying, i am not saying cheap out, i am saying its time to look for alternatives in affordable suspensions... Functon/form coils are only a meer $200 more but of same quality... Im not backing up this company because personally im not gonna be purchasing them but for future people who want "affordable suspension systems" then this could be their people

ejreams

Reaction score
They actually make decent stuff.

I love how you all see the price and just assume that its **** stuff. there is a HUGE thread on golfmkv about them, everyone loves them and has had NO problems out of them.

I still cant comphrend why people think paying for a name is SO important. you seriously think that is costs THAT much more to produce a set of teins?

You know, thats a really good point because.

When I talk to my parents, they would never buy my car they'd only buy for example my dads 5 series bmw.

why is that? because money makes it better, my cars cheap to him so its junk.

Accord281

Reaction score
I think it is very important to note that these are NOT full coilovers. Full coilovers have both adjustable spring seats AND adjustable mounting seats. The height of the vehicle can be adjusted while still retaining the same spring and shock travel. Therefore, full coilovers are able to retain constant load on the spring and will last WAY longer. These cannot be compared to the Function/Form coilovers because these are a much different (and inferior) design.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I think it is very important to note that these are NOT full coilovers. Full coilovers have both adjustable spring seats AND adjustable mounting seats.

lol wut.

these are full coilovers. theyre just an older, outdated design. the newer versions offered by companies such as ksport, f2, d2, b&g, ect. are much better height adjustability wise tho, like you had said. but the way these are designed and the way, say, f2's are desgined, are very different, and the adjustable bottom mount is a much better way to adjust height. regardless tho, both designs are full coilovers, haha.

Last edited:

Accord281

Reaction score
lol wut.

these are full coilovers. theyre just an older, outdated design. the newer versions offered by companies such as ksport, f2, d2, b&g, ect. are much better height adjustability wise tho, like you had said. but the way these are designed and the way, say, f2's are desgined, are very different, and the adjustable bottom mount is a much better way to adjust height. regardless tho, both designs are full coilovers, haha.

I consider "full" coilovers to have the adjustable bottom mounts and the adjustable spring seats. To me, these are just coilovers. By my logic, the definition of full coilover changed once the new designs came out. I would split coilovers into 3 groups: coilover sleeves (obvious), coilovers (just spring seat adjustability), and full coilovers (spring seat and mounting seat adjustability). So yeah, what I said does make sense, whether or not you agree. I wanted to clarify that point because I'm sure there are a lot of n00bs out there who do not know that the term "full" is not appropriate and therefore may have no idea what they are missing.

My point is that you can't compare these to f2's, etc. (like someone did in a previous post) because they are a different design.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
:rofl:

dude, both designs are considered full coilovers, hahaha. call them whatever you like, but at the end of the day, theyre both full coils to everyone else....cuz they are lol.

Back