control arm hitting the wheel well

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
In with the same problem. It sounds like a hammer each time.

Did someone say its hammer time
MC_Hammer.png

:lawl:

simon_y

Reaction score
Mine does a lot on little dips and bumps. Potholes sound like (in the words of Jeff) "I'm hitting a brick wall." Dips and bumps sound like hammering. What really bothers me though is that it happens a lot more often on the passenger side.

Your ride height could be uneven front left to right which is why your passenger side might be hitting. If its not that than are you mostly driving on the right lanes? That lane tends to have more holes, bumps and dips and sewers then the left lanes.

Your roads must be immaculate then. Just got my hole cut. No more knocking. Sweeeet. Can finally enjoy driving again.

Pics of your hole?

JDMCG7

Reaction score
im on function an form type 2 an i seen how mine is when it was on the rack an my ingalls camber kit is just chillin on the strut tower. mine isnt loud but you hear it tap here an there from driving but i should be getting mine cut out soon from the looks at it there very big cuts on CGs compare to other cars

sabSquishy

Reaction score
2011-05-05005823.jpg

Had to put the flashlight on it so it will be bright enough. Control arm looks fine. The nut is a little grinded but other than that it's good. Just put touch up paint around the cut so it doesn't rust. I'm looking for pinch molding so it will be a better seal. (If anyone has a link to it, it would be very much appreciated.

Checked my height and I was a quarter inch lower on the passenger so it didn't make sense. I evened it out and it got worse. Lol. I think my adjustable dampening might not be working on that side because I'm full stiff on all four corners.

slowrider87

Reaction score
everyones complaining about this, i would too, but i figure it's just the price you pay for modifying cars. you'll come across noises you normally wouldn't, as for the sound happening more on the passenger side...anybody ever take into consideration that the battery is right there on the passenger side weighing that corner down some. maybe theres nothing wrong with the car, it's just heavier there. maybe not the answer, but something to think about.

Back