Costco gas

xIrvin

Reaction score
Is it bad? I always fill up with Chevron and sometimes when i have to i do Shell, but i recently got a Costco card and obviously the prices are a lot lower.
Does anyone know the quality of their gas?
Yes i searched people said it was bad but nobody said why.

accord786

Reaction score
they are lower but i still wouldnt get gas from costco !!shell is the best

its like getting fake (Co Co Puffs) from 99 Cents store that taste like dog food :eh:

Narftastic

Reaction score
I recently saw in the news that in some state(i forgot which one) water got into there gas and damaged around 200 cars and each car had upto 2000$ worth of damage... Ofcouse costco paid for the fix but thats something to think about.

slowrider87

Reaction score

nuff said...

Do yourself a favor and read up on what makes "top tier" fuel so "top tier". Sams club/wal-mart had a similar issue as the aforementioned costco issue some years back i believe. but don't quote me on that.

way i see it. it's cheap for a reason. you just gotta figure out what that reason is. I buy only shell unless i get caught somewhere without one near. and believe me, i will run my car to under an 1/8 tank looking for a known name when i do have to stray. (i know it's not good for the car... but neither is shi* gas.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bax

Bax

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the higher price of the Top Tier fuel is worth it, also. You probably get more mpg out of the gas, due to it being more of a percentage of fuel, apposed from that other shit having all the unfiltered mess in it. Makes sense.

I use Chevron. :p

99accord boi

Reaction score
its bad why?
because u get less overall miles per tank around 15-20 in my car

redlinevtec

Reaction score
lol you guys are funny. gas is gas. as long as you know how to work on your car and change the strainer (fuel filter, it's probably that time for all of you) then you should be fine. There is a government standard across the U.S for all gasoline refineries to meet a specific standard. Everything else you pay for is gimmicks. it's all BS marketing.

*sources* grandpa was an engineer

Geewiz

Reaction score
lol you guys are funny. gas is gas. as long as you know how to work on your car and change the strainer (fuel filter, it's probably that time for all of you) then you should be fine. There is a government standard across the U.S for all gasoline refineries to meet a specific standard. Everything else you pay for is gimmicks. it's all BS marketing.

*sources* grandpa was an engineer

+1 though I still avoid BP like the plague and even before the oil spill fiasco.

Back